gym workout

ok well i started at a gym do any of you guys have any workouts you would recomend?

my needs in order of importance to me

lose weight, about 30-35lbs

build a stronger core

bulck up upper body ie. chest, arms, shoulders

Cardio be the one to build on .More breathing (not gasping,lol) I got hooked into the gym rat thing many years ago,was looking for a release (ex moto racer-injury) What you will find is the majority of what you are looking for is diet more than exercise. I went from "normal junk-whatever" diet ..to basically hardly eat anything until I pound down whey protein and this "nasty" carb oatmeal thing . Stress your legs ,biggest muscles ,biggest user of oxy. http://www.thetrainingstationinc.com/freeweightexercises.html this may help ya join the abuse

thanks for the reply guys and I agree 100% about the diet. my food intake was horrible i am currently working on improving that.i.e. no crap food fruits veggies, high protien watch overall cal and sodium intake etc...

aslo on the cardio i am liking the rowing machines what should be my goals for this time spent strokes per minute etc.. and a bike is also another one i like as far as cardio at home i have a treadmill butt dont use it as much due to the fact of high impact.

here is mine

bench press 4x10

pull ups 4x5

wall sits 2 sets of 1 minute

sit ups 3x30

squats 4x10

bridges. on your elbows and toes for 30 seconds than do one side then the other

bend downs 4x10. take a bar and you can put weight on it but bend over and back up it streghens back muscles

curls 4x10

fly press 4x10

pull downs 10 in front 10 behind neck for 4 sets

run about 5-8 miles

If you have any questions you can ask me but diet will be key to the weight loss part

All the advise so far has been good. I also reccomend that your cardio wrokouts involve more than one machine. I usually involve three. I warm up on the elipitcle machine then onto the tread mill and I finish with a stationary bike or stair master. On days when I just don't feel like hitting the machines, I circut train on the various lifting machines. I need to compete with myself to motivate me. I always try to go a litter farther or a little faster than the last time I did a particular machine. This works for me and gets me to come back to something I find absolutely boring.

thanks for the reply guys and I agree 100% about the diet. my food intake was horrible i am currently working on improving that.i.e. no crap food fruits veggies, high protien watch overall cal and sodium intake etc...

aslo on the cardio i am liking the rowing machines what should be my goals for this time spent strokes per minute etc.. and a bike is also another one i like as far as cardio at home i have a treadmill butt dont use it as much due to the fact of high impact.

Check out the Concept2 rowers. Lots of mx guys are incorporating them into their training regimens. Here's a link to get you started...

http://www.concept2.com/us/communities/motor_sports/default.asp