Sign in to follow this  

06 crf250r suspension

so i have a stock 06 crf250r and went to the track today. almost every jump even if i landed perfect my front shock would bottom out, can this be helped with some adjustments? or do i need new suspension?

and also would popping out of the exhuast mean i need to rejet?

thanks

yeah, we need more specifics.....

Also, is the popping when you let off the throttle? If so, you're lean on the pilot jet, or you have an exhaust leak. Most commonly at the head-pipe/muffler joint.

i am 170 pounds and yes it is when i let off the throttle is when it is popping.

any leaky forks seals? that will make a big difference. but also see where your compression clickers are set as of now. maybe the're backed out too far?

i am 170 pounds and yes it is when i let off the throttle is when it is popping.

too lean, but you should be able to adjust it with the fuel (might be air screw) screw so it no longer pops.

We have to put 1 size leaner pilot in most CRF's that come through my shop because of that popping.

doc

We have to put 1 size leaner pilot in most CRF's that come through my shop because of that popping.

doc

hmmmm....being honest that makes no sense to me....but if it works it works...

hmmmm....being honest that makes no sense to me....but if it works it works...

Your right.....me either after re-reading.👍 I did mean "richer" thanks.

doc

so adjusting the fuel screw could help with the popping??? if so where is the fuel screw and do i turn it clockwise? and how far?

so adjusting the fuel screw could help with the popping??? if so where is the fuel screw and do i turn it clockwise? and how far?

Fuel screw is on the bottom of the carb. In the center of the carb on the front of it, front as in towards the engine.

in is leaner...so not clockwise.

out for more fuel.

If the pilot is close to right, the fuel screw should be able to get rid of the pop.

Actually, while most riders don't do it, the fuel screw should be adjusted every ride for weather and temperature.

Like doc said, and I don't know, so he is probably right, it may need a richer pilot jet.

until it stops popping!

Just take the time to learn how it works, and what each circuit does. The manual is very good at laying out what does what.

I would say go 1/8 turns at a time....but the real way to do it is bring the bike up to 1/8 or 1/16 throttle (barely cracked open) and adjust the screw until it runs best. It should, if your pilot jet it right, fix low end hesitation, and the decell popping.

If you search around, I am sure there is a jetting thread.

could anyone post a pic or be really specific about where the fuel screw is so that i dont mess it up?

thanks

if you have a manual, read it.

you can not really mess it up, bikes are meant to be tuned, and if you turn something one way, you can always turn it the other way. Just document what changes you make so you can go back.

trust me, you will do no long term damage by adjusting the fuel screw incorrectly.

The other persons description of where it is located is excellent. Its on the bottom, so your screw driver will be vertical when adjusting it. Its towards the front of the carb as well. very small screw driver is needed, I made my own by chopping one down.