Sign in to follow this  

KX250F as next bike?

What can you guys tell me about the KX250F? I'm leaning towards it as my next bike. Pros and cons. I will probably be buying new, so should I get a 07, 08 or 09?

They are great bikes. The 09 seems to be a hot bike out of the crate. You can't go wrong with the 07-09. Go to the green side.

stay on the honda side......

My 05 is junk. I have $1200 into the bike this summer trying to figure out why it won't start and it's STILL not running. I missed over 8 races because of it. I'm sick of dealing with Unicam. Convince me why.

What can you guys tell me about the KX250F? I'm leaning towards it as my next bike. Pros and cons. I will probably be buying new, so should I get a 07, 08 or 09?

you probably won't find an 07 or 08 new so plan on an 09.

I think my 06 is the best bike around. (Ok... I'm sure the 07, 08, and 09's are great too..)

When I got the 06 I heard that they liked to blow up, but I've ridden the hell out of mine and It's still running strong. Like with anything, keep up on maintenance and you'll be set)

My 06 has great power and seems to handle very well. I'm no pro, but I've been very happy. I've let a lot of other guys with 250F Yami's, Hondas, and Suzuki's ride my bike and they've all liked mine more, Especially in the power section. It pulls pretty darn hard. I haven't had one problem with it, which is also a plus. Would I ride others? Sure. Would I buy others? Not really.

I had a 05 crf250 and got the kxf. Each year I try to ride all the brands. My fav is always the Kawasaki but the Hondas are always really good all around and the 08 RMZ is a great bike too. Took some getting used to but the motors on the Kawasakis own other brands. They have more power. I'd have to group them like this. I had an 06 now have an 09.

04-05. stay away.

06-07 Great bikes pretty simular. Most of the 07 changes were for reliability but I had aboslutely no problems with my 06 and owned it for 3 years.

08 Major motor changes and the rider position is changed for better handling

09 if you can buy new without question get the 09. The motors awesome. Major changes, handlings awesome. It feels much lighter than my 06. It makes all the others outdated.

You'd notice the biggest difference I'd say jumping from an 07 to an 08 than from an 08 to an 09 or 06 to 07.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

the hondas really got good 06 and beyond...the o4 was junk the 05 was better 06 was better but with no valve probs and then 07 really kicked it into gear

amnesia - thanks for that post, it's pretty convincing. very helpful. 👍

shadooky - I'm still not convinced that I will be working on it more than I will be riding it. I haven't ridden my CRF250R ONCE in 3 months because of it having issues after issues. I loved riding it but I don't trust Honda's anymore.

i have a 05kx250f and have had no problems with it other than having to do the valves about every 30 hours which i heard is pretty normal but i wish i did have an 06 cause of the frames and i heard the new 09s rip

+1, anyone of those are good, i've had them all, the 09 is a real race bike in a box! I just hope they fixed the back chain guide from chewing out after 30 hrs.

hey i got a 07 for sale!!!

Its been great never any problems at all knock on wood

i plan on gettin a 06 kx250f i found a reall good deal on one som im gonna sell my yzf

well My buddys chain guide is shot at 35 hours.. For some reason though mine is doing better than his with around the same hours.

well My buddys chain guide is shot at 35 hours.. For some reason though mine is doing better than his with around the same hours.
Yeh, i wondered that, i looked at the new one the other day on the 09, it doesn't look any different to last year. :worthy:

My '05 has been great to me... And I ride the bag off it. I'd like to step to and '08 in a couple years. Only reason for not wanting newer is cause I'm putting a big bore on mine this winter and I want to take it to the next bike if I like it enough, not have to re-buy that kind of stuff...

Then again, maybe the new ones will keep getting better 'til they're so good I'll just have to buy new when the time comes :worthy: But the '09's are sounding pretty sweet (and it helps that they look pretty sexy too).