Sign in to follow this  

Toolbox wont fit in my camelback. Minimum tools I should have with me on the trail??

Im a new BRP owner. I just had a question about what tools I should bring with me on the trail (specific to the 650 and in general). I dont want to bring way too much and I dont want to be caught in the middle of the desert without that one key tool. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Unless you are carrying a mondo tool kit like I have you will likely be missing something. Scratch that, even if you have a mondo tool kit you will be missing something. I keep mine on the bike, not in my pack.

A lot of the selection depends on how you ride.

First is tools to fix a flat. After that:

small vice grip

zip ties

epoxy putty

In addition I carry:

multi tip screwdriver

combo wrech set (8,10,12,14,17)

ratchet&socket set(8,10,12,14,17)

5,6mm allens

A few spare nuts and bolts

pliers

Unless you are carrying a mondo tool kit like I have you will likely be missing something. Scratch that, even if you have a mondo tool kit you will be missing something. I keep mine on the bike, not in my pack.

A lot of the selection depends on how you ride.

First is tools to fix a flat. After that:

small vice grip

zip ties

epoxy putty

In addition I carry:

multi tip screwdriver

combo wrech set (8,10,12,14,17)

ratchet&socket set(8,10,12,14,17)

5,6mm allens

A few spare nuts and bolts

pliers

Yeah...everything that cleonard said 👍

Plus, a spare spark plug and spark plug wrench. Some tie wire. Small bottle of WD40 and/or a small amount of grease. A rag. Some electrical and duct tape.

Do you have a rear fender pouch? A font fender pouch? I usually carry my spare tube and tire changing equipment in the front pouch. All my tools and extras in the rear pouch. The rest in my Camelbak. You can never have too much suff :worthy:

Some electrical and duct tape.

I carry tape by wrapping some part of the bike with several layers and I leave the roll at home. It's good for about a year and then I replace it. On my bike it's around part of my bark busters. It could be on a frame member or even your handelbars. It's an easy way to carry a small amount of it and you will never forget to bring it.

An easy way to know what to bring is use your bike tool kit for regular maintenance. Then you will know what you need to add to the kit. When you find a tool that you don't have, you can decide if you want to add it.

Thanks for the info guys. Good stuff. I know it should mostly be common sense but I wanted to make sure. You guys had a lot of good stuff I hadn't even thought about.