Sign in to follow this  

Is the DRZ400 discontinued?

I was trying to find the Zed on European dealers websites - all without luck.

Only the UK site has the SM model and the dealers over the pond are still displaying the "S"es.

Does anyone know what it's all about? 👍

nope there still everywhere. Maybe just running low over there. In high demand over here in the states.

The "E" model is discontinued, and I have been told that both S & SM will be discontinued by end of 2009.

have fun,

j.

The "E" model is discontinued, and I have been told that both S & SM will be discontinued by end of 2009.

have fun,

j.

Any ideas if they will be replaced with something??

Sorry i guess you Europeans are losing the DRZ400 due to smog requirements sorry mate 👍

I too noticed that the Suzuki website for Europe only shows the SM model. So it looks like the S is no longer available, and I have not see any S models in the dealers for some time....looks like it si the end of a great bike...

Here in South Africa, you can get the E/S "combo" model - E motor with the "hot" parts, carbs, exhaust etc, but with the "s" rear subframe.

Best of both worlds!

Here in Romania (and probably from other EU countries) the DRZ, among other bikes that don't comply with Euro3 regulations, was discontinued from Jan 2008.

The dealer here said it will be introduced from 2009 after they make it >Euro3.

Have a nice one.

Misu

I was just looking at the UK Suzuki site, they have not updated the site for the 2008 model let alone the the 2009 model, I take it they will release a 2009 version here in the UK? The website site is still talking about the 'new' handlebars for 2007!! ??

Surely they would not discontinue such I popular model?

Maybe they will, and replace it with a 450 SM of some type - hopefully!

I hope SM is not goiong to dissapear in the UK, I know the only SM magazine is now out of print due to lack of subscribers here in UK.

Hey guys,

If you look at the suzuki Z400 quad you will find it shares the same motor as the DRZ400 the Z400 quad just got fuel injection so i would say thats whats coming for the bike. I would say worse case is you might be without the DRZ for one year. Also i seen an artist rendering of an RMZ450x or something of that nature, it was a trail 450 with fuel injection, maybe suzuki will see the success they had with the DRZ400SM and build a RMZ450SM, wishful thinking but it would be nice. Hopefully yammi beats them to the punch though with a 450SM =) Yammi has had great success with the wr250X so it only seems logical to build a 450X now.

I hope SM is not goiong to dissapear in the UK, I know the only SM magazine is now out of print due to lack of subscribers here in UK.
Yes, but no.....there's been a new kid on the block since the start of the year - SuperMoto International Magazine - run by Dave Cornish etc from the old mag. Out quarterly, two issues out to date.

Supermoto_International_1.jpg

Supermoto_International_2.jpg

👍

Yammi has had great success with the wr250X so it only seems logical to build a 450X now.

If Yamaha ever does come through with a 450X I hate to say it, but I'll be changing sides. I love my DRZ, but already ride hare scrambles and MX on blue. I love my YZ even more.

If Yamaha ever does come through with a 450X I hate to say it, but I'll be changing sides. I love my DRZ, but already ride hare scrambles and MX on blue. I love my YZ even more.

my WR450SM is the most fun i have had on two wheels in a LONG time !! I love yamaha. :worthy:👍

my WR450SM is the most fun i have had on two wheels in a LONG time !! I love yamaha. :worthy:👍

If I could tag one here in Flatandstraightistan I would be riding a WR as a dual sport. Just can't seem to get it past the Kremlin.

Well! If Suzuki won't update the DRZ 400 because they should. Maybe they will because they have to.

Would be nice to have more power from the factory, but for me, I would not buy another DRZ or any plateable SM that does not have a wide ratio 6 speed.

I don't miss the 6 speeds in the canyons. I miss that extra gear when I'm just cruising along putting on miles, and mile after mile my Suzuki resentment builds up because sooner or later, on every leisurely ride I begin to think about where's my extra gear?

If I want extra power for my Z, it's easily available from lots of places. If I want a lighter Z, I can just start replacing heavy stuff with after market light stuff.

But, where do I go to get that extra gear?

Maybe 2010? and maybe Suzuki, and then again maybe Yamaha.

Tony