Eibach springs in XR400

I have just installed new .47 kg/m eibach springs into my XR400. The springs are about 1" shorter than the original springs. There were no instructions with the springs just an extra 2 steel washers per spring which go where near making up the 1' shortfall. Do I need to make up spacers (or stack extra washers) to make up the difference or just leave it? If I do have to make up the spacers what material do I use to make them?

Any help would be very much appreciated

All the Eibach kits I've seen come with a PVC tube cut to eiher the correct length, or long enough so you can cut it yourself. So I'd say it's odd that your kit did not have that.

But, PVC is all you need. Find a piece that has roughly the same diameter of your spring, cut it to make up the difference. Place a thin washer between the spring and the spacer (to keep the end of the spring from wearing the PVC) and you're all set. Put the spacer between the spring and the fork cap.

Yes I bought from Ballards. I will contact them MOnday but in meantime I want to ride my bike and need spacers. THe PVC spacers that are used does anyone know what the daimeter external and internal is of the PVC

I have just installed new .47 kg/m eibach springs into my XR400. The springs are about 1" shorter than the original springs. There were no instructions with the springs just an extra 2 steel washers per spring which go where near making up the 1' shortfall. Do I need to make up spacers (or stack extra washers) to make up the difference or just leave it? If I do have to make up the spacers what material do I use to make them?

Any help would be very much appreciated

One good response so far. Buy a chunk of PVC pipe at home depot. Schedule 80 is best, but anything will do - bring one of your fork washers with you and pick a pipe diameter that is close to the washer diameter or slightly smaller (I think 1" ID pipe is about right). Cut the PVC pipe to length with a chop saw. Put a metal washer on both ends of the spacer and stuff it into the fork. The length of the spacer determines spring preload. About 1/2" of preload is typical (or, the spring is compressed 1/2" with the fork fully extended). Measure how far the fork cap goes into the tube (probably about an inch), and size your spacer accordingly - for example, if you drop the spring/washer/spacer/washer into the tube, and there is 1/2" of space to the top for the fork tube AND the fork cap threads in 1", you'll have 1/2" of preload.

JayC