Sign in to follow this  

Gaerne GX1 vs Fastback vs Fox vs Alipnestar

Hi Guys,

I hope the title is descriptive enough, but I am looking for a pair of boots.

I mostly enjoy enduro riding but mess around a little on the MX track for fitness.

The following may be options that I have seen so far:

Gaerne Fastback

Gaerne GX1

Alpinestar Tech (6 or 8)

Fox Comp 5, Forma Pro (or Pro Forma), F3

Anything else in this price range? Also, a link or two to closeout stock boots would be great (Alpnistars are more expensive but due to there being some old stock available it is possible to get them for cheap).

I am really interested in the Gaerne's as they are inexpensive for a good make of boot, are these boots worth it tho - obviously they are not quite the SG10's.

How do Tech 3's and Tech 7's compare to tech 8's and tech 6's. Also, is the tech 8 better in terms of longevity than the tech 6?

I damage boots when starting my bike, silly I know, but it happens. Are there any boots that are better lasting on the inner right foot than others?

Thanks in advance...

The fastbacks are real close to the sg10's in construction, they have a little less padding. Of the boots you have listed the fastbacks have more support and will last longer than the others.

Hey guys, Thanks for the advice. Ended up getting the fastbacks finally. They feel great and really comfortable. Just took the bike for a quick spin last night - shifting is an issue. Hopefully it will get better as the boots break in a little (but I'm not so sure that will make a difference as there is already planty of movement). Maybe its just that they are slightly higher than the really worn and tired old boots and I should just set the shift lever higher. Anyways, thanks for the advice!

Hey guys, Thanks for the advice. Ended up getting the fastbacks finally. They feel great and really comfortable. Just took the bike for a quick spin last night - shifting is an issue. Hopefully it will get better as the boots break in a little (but I'm not so sure that will make a difference as there is already planty of movement). Maybe its just that they are slightly higher than the really worn and tired old boots and I should just set the shift lever higher. Anyways, thanks for the advice!

Roger on the setting the shift lever higher. works every time

Roger on the setting the shift lever higher. works every time

Cheers, Thanks Roger. Will be going for a longer ride this afternoon (2 or 3 hrs) and will see how it goes then. Might just get the tools out before I leave and get the tools out before I leave and get the lever adjusted.