Stock Front Fender to Acerbis Super Moto Fender

I thought I would post this in case any of you were contemplating changing your front fender. It definetely gives a different look. Here are some comparison shots, and a snap shot of the web site I ordered it from. Let me know what you guys think, I am kind of on the fence about how it looks.

Picture1-1.png

sideBYside.jpg

b4side.jpg

afterside.jpg

b4front.jpg

afterfront.jpg

Looks good the only question is

How good are You at transferring holes--

Easy way get four set screws and a hammer (small)

Install set screw backwards, line up fender touching the set screws.

Tap with hammer to mark drill points for new fender. easy.

• Like 1

Hey Akis, what kind of tires are you running in that picture you posted? Bike looks real good too.

Cheers... in that session I was running Maxxis goldspeeds - medium cut slick rear and a soft wet front (ran out of time to change the front to a slick before the race after wet morning practice).

Looks good the only question is

How good are You at transferring holes--

Easy way get four set screws and a hammer (small)

Install set screw backwards, line up fender touching the set screws.

Tap with hammer to mark drill points for new fender. easy.

It comes with a template for drilling the holes. I much prefer the look of the Acerbis over the OEM. ?

I guess you guys don't go out in the rain much then !? On my SM, the water from the front tyre flicks up past the front of the standard guard & sprays back all over the headlight area. I guess a shorter guard will just let this get even higher. I have to admit it does look much better though.

I got one, and they suck in rainy weather on the road.

The spray from the wheel hit the lip pf the guard and I guess the wind from forward movement sprays it back right onto the light and light guard and then onto the rider. Faster you go the worse it is.

They guard looks trick but like I said, sucks in wet weather, I think it needs to be either a tad longer or have bit more of a curve.

Got a Cycra fender on order, see how that is..