Sign in to follow this  

Ims Tank Computer Fan

You can use a computer fan with a IMS tank it takes some doing and cutting and trimming the computer fan case but it will work I used a 120 MM high output Computer fan 114 CMF's on the right hand side of the bike.

This all fits between the tank and rad mounted the Toggle type on off swicth to a bracket bent at 90 degress to the front of the rad plastic fin guards installed inline fuse in battery box.

The hardest part I did not like is the way the IMS tank fit with the stock rad farings they were a fight to get on I wounder it any one makes some aftermarket one that fit better with the IMS tanks.

If you do give this a try I used a high speed air grinder with a rottory file to trim the computer fan case works great and fast timming of the case also cut some rubber tube length wise about 1/2 inch 4 of then sild them over the fan case between the rad and the fan for protection for the rad zip-ty the fan in place toward the botton of the rad aft side on the rad.

You will have to make cut out so the tank will clear and also the compression release arm will clear on the motor it self.

Sound harder than it is just take you'er time it works I have about $20.00 invested in this just in parts.