Enduro 8-31

In case you missed it,"Little brown jug" enduro this weekend in Clinton,S.C.

More info on the Greenville enduro riders website.

I am working a check and a section of that this weekend on that run and believe me it is some of the sweetest single track I have ever ridden. Not real tight, good rhythm sections, and fire roads. If you miss it, you are missing the trail ride of a life!

I talked to one of the guys running it and he said they weren't gonna be real strict on the headlight or the spark arrestor and he told me just to put some kind of tag on it just so If someone sees you the highway they will see the tag and not give it a second thought,..

i checked the rows online and it looks like there are only 4 or 5 spots left. does anyone know if there is a certain # of racers and then they cut it off? if so then its a waste of time to drive down there sunday to not get to race.

Eddie Royals is the trail boss and he answered that same question on SETRA's website forum. He said there is no maximum number of riders. www.setra.org

i will be there. does anyone know how strict they are on having a head light and tag? ive put a peice of wire mesh over the end of my muffler, hope that will pass. any thoughts?

This is my thoughts only and in no way an official voice! I would be more concerned with the wire over the muffler because that is obvious to anyone that it is not a spark arrestor. This is all on National Forest Land and the rangers can be really anal about fire. The only way I have seen this checked is to put a stick in the end of the pipe to check for a screen INSIDE the pipe. You would be better off to rig a stiff piece of screen down in the pipe even if you have to figure a way to pull it out once you get in the woods. Any body's guess on the street legality - give them a call and ask. The numbers are on the entry blank online at setra.org, but they might take the strict line so no one can say they were told not to worry if they get caught and then not enforce it at the start. The only public roads are narrow, seldom used gravel forest roads with the exception of a mile or so of public paved road during the enduro. At the end you will then have to ride this same paved road for 3-4 miles back to the start. I also saw no mention of the "one day" SETRA membership ($5) on the entry form but you can do that. The catch is you will have to ride "unlimited" class or AA class.?:worthy:

• Like 1

thanks grayfox. very good point on the wire mesh. i will put a peice down inside so that a stick or object cant go all the way thru. thanks for answering the number of racers. i was getting worried and hadnt heard any resposes from the numbers i called earlier.

thanks grayfox. very good point on the wire mesh. i will put a peice down inside so that a stick or object cant go all the way thru. thanks for answering the number of racers. i was getting worried and hadnt heard any resposes from the numbers i called earlier.

Thumperdude! Check your pms!

Did you make it 443 thumper? I like to have croaked when I got there this morning and saw how muddy the parking lot was! They got rain there last nite after I left, but it was just at the start and the first section. I ended up working the check in to the last section instead of the finish check and our section was primo and all the riders that made it that far were complimentary of the earlier sections as well. We finished about 300 of 400 total. Hope you made it and had a good time! ?:worthy:

I made it out just to watch it. I haven't been to an enduro in many years.

Got to see some good ridin' and help out at the gas stop.

I believe I saw number 333 (thumper) riding through fairly early on, not too

far back in the pack. Was that you FoFoThree? If so, how'd you get on a

row that far up?

....told ya Marriage would do you in... and your getting old too. ?
haha... your catching up with me now ... But Grayfox is WAY ahead of us both... age wise that is.

Hey I was still out there plugging! :worthy::busted: Rode about half the trail on Sat. and worked a check on Sunday, then did trail raking, arrow removal, and trash pickup and was whipped both days! One of the freshest riders I saw at the end was a 66+ rider - the only one to finish his class!

BigIVY, how did you do? I still don't even know who won the thing! They don't tell us anything out in the woods!