Sign in to follow this  

Looking to do first mod to new SM

I just bought my first bike...'06 DRZ400SM. My buddy bought it new and wanted to get a GSXR so I took it off his hands. Man I love it! Its so much fun to burn up the hilly, windy roads in upstate NY. I want to get rid of the stock mirrors. I saw somewhere on here a pic of a mirror that was mounted below the bars on the left side. I can't seem to find it again. I was just wondering what kind and where to get it. Thanks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lumpy790/mirror/blackclamp.jpg

That be it? Welcome to ThumperTalk, and congrats on the SM. Fun bikes. 👍

Yeah thats the one...is it from Advanced Performance Accessoeries? I found it like a half hour after I posted this...lol. It's a little pricey but it looks like the one to get. I just got the bike before I had to leave to go back offshore to work so I haven't got a pics. I'll put some up when I get home. I wanna change the tail light soon as well. Thanks for the welcomes!

i like the convex you can see more but the down side is that objects in mirror or closer than they appear, which means make sure you swing your head around for a second look

Yep. It's an APA (Advanced Performance Accessories) Supermoto mirror. I run one too. You can even see behind you w/ it. Mine has the flat mirror, but they now offer both flat and convex mirrors.

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.advancedperformanceaccessories.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1548b87e0f16f84/shopdata/index.shopscript

APAmirrors001.jpg

Hey string, :worthy:

Just try peeling and sticking some cheap convex mirrors onto your flat mirror. You'll be pleasantly amazed at the increased field of view. I stuck some on my flat stockers and they work great...

bike012.jpg

They're about 3 bucks for a pair at WalMart 👍

Take Care,

Greg

I am trying to get rid of the big stock mirros. I just ordered the convex one from APA. It's pricey but it is exactly the one I want. With handguards on you will barely be able to see it.