Sign in to follow this  

Front blinker mounting brackets?

I'm looking to put new front blinkers on my bike (currently has blinkers built into the plastic barkbusters). I want to put on basic blinkers that are somewhat tucked away, yet will be removable for enduros/harescrambles. To do this, I need some sort of mounting bracket, but I've been told that the stock DRZ front brackets only work with the stock blinkers for some reason. Can anyone elaborate on this or suggest something similar for me to use? Thanks!

You could try mounting them on the handlebars like the Harley guys do, then the brackets would be easy to get to and remove. They'd be pretty tucked away if you hung them directly below the bars. Or bar end mounts like this:

KELBarEndTurnSignals.jpg

Nightster_handlebar.jpg

You can make short mounts. Get a piece of 1/8" x 3/4" aluminum (Lowes or HD). Cut two pices about 3" or what ever length you like. Drill a hole at one end for the blinker, two holes on the other end to go under the triple tree bolts. If you slot the bottom hole about 1/8", it will make it easy to remove the blinker without have to remove the nut and washer from the wire to remove it.

Signals-RightFrontBracket.jpg

This one I made has an integrated RAM Mount ball for my GPS:

DRZ_GPS_Mount.jpg