Sign in to follow this  

New bike, well to me atleast

Hey guys ijust picked up this 2006 525XC, and i like it. Any advice or free mods i can do to it? It is stock, but it does have an SX muffler i dont know if they came this way or not. Let me know thanks

ktm.jpg

Look for BK mod and AP squirt mods. A finally tuned carb will yield the best performance/$$

Congrats and welcome to the club. The 525 is a monster and will give you years of service as long as you change the oil every 500-1000KM. Cheap as it only uses 1.25 litres of oil. Change out the oil filters every 2-3 oil changes and clean the air filter every 2nd ride if you ride in dusty conditions.

👍

Power "NOW" would mean something like 13-14/52. Mid range anywhere around 14/50 and lots of desert/ fireroads 14/48. Stock they run already pretty good. It is a torque monster and should be driven that way. It does not have the instant hit of a 2 stroke or a CFR450.

The beauty of KTM's is that they already come with all the goodies from the factory. Simply adjust the suspension to your liking, de-smog the motor( also uncork the exhaust) and make sure your AP pump is working with about a 1 second squirt and the bike will have a night/day difference in the way it puts out it's power.

yeah thats my only complaint about the bike is it is fast as hell but dosent really have that power now feeling, plus it dosent really dune as well as my buddys YZ400 infact he kicks my ass up the dune. So i think i need a different sprocket i was thinking a 50-52

also... does anybody make graphics for this bike? I really want to cover up some of that tank lol

SORRY man, stickers of NO kind will stick to the gas tank. They might last about 1 week before bubbling. That is because gasoline LEACHES thru the plastic and bubbles get stuck under the vinyl stickers. 👍

SORRY man, stickers of NO kind will stick to the gas tank. They might last about 1 week before bubbling. That is because gasoline LEACHES thru the plastic and bubbles get stuck under the vinyl stickers. 👍

Agreed...I looked around and found only 1-set available for that big tank and

decided that the extra fuel load was a good trade off for no decals.

also... does anybody make graphics for this bike? I really want to cover up some of that tank lol

givr it up man...I eventually had too too

that really sucks lol... oh well i do have a lot of fuel tho

Now that is an optimistic way to look at it...

Is the tank half empty? Or is the tank half full? In our case, it's 16L full! 👍

I put a set of One Industries graphics on my 2002 520 MXC (which came with the big tank) w/o any problem. The kit I used was perforated all over which I think allowed the gas vapors to escape without forming bubbles under the graphics. Occasionally, there'd be a small bubble trapped but it was easy to "vent" it. The graphics stayed intact (except for the abuse it took from my failures to keep the bike on it's wheels). Someone told me to:

1.) completely dain the tank of every drop of gas.

2.) let it air out for a few days to make sure its completely gas free.

3.) wash the outside with a mild abrasive cleaner-enough to rough up the surface slightly.

4.) apply the graphics using the diluted soapy water (or water/glass cleaner solution or the solution recommended by the graphics supplier)

5.) squeegee it to get the air bubbles out.

6.) after applying the graphics, let the tank sit for a few days before putting gas back in it.

Worth a try I guess ! 👍

I put a set of One Industries graphics on my 2002 520 MXC (which came with the big tank) w/o any problem. The kit I used was perforated all over which I think allowed the gas vapors to escape without forming bubbles under the graphics. Occasionally, there'd be a small bubble trapped but it was easy to "vent" it. The graphics stayed intact (except for the abuse it took from my failures to keep the bike on it's wheels). Someone told me to:

1.) completely dain the tank of every drop of gas.

2.) let it air out for a few days to make sure its completely gas free.

3.) wash the outside with a mild abrasive cleaner-enough to rough up the surface slightly.

4.) apply the graphics using the diluted soapy water (or water/glass cleaner solution or the solution recommended by the graphics supplier)

5.) squeegee it to get the air bubbles out.

6.) after applying the graphics, let the tank sit for a few days before putting gas back in it.