Sign in to follow this  

BAJA points of interest

Post up a pic or tell a story. favorite places to eat, surf spot you like, just something diff (like the compound east of santo thomas) or just something abandoned .

lets see and hear about them.

percebu best drink spot in baja

cactus forest south of san felipe nice find

la pintas in catavina and south of el rosario

san juanico great surf

mission san javier a must see

the old mill in san quintin has some history

and if your afraid location will spoil your spot just post a pic or tell the story and leave out the location.

lets see what we have all found over the years

• Like 1

Please view my album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/matt.rathsam/20070527

Sad story about all of this. This location is RV54, which is down the M3 about 45 minutes south of Tecate. Last year, we met the family that owns the ranch and rode at their property 3 times. These pictures where from the last time we rode there. Later in this day, Rafa's father, the 64 year old former Baja racer from the 60s and 70s, tried to cut another trail for riding on his property. The Bobcat he was driving ended up falling down the hillside and it severed his leg. Rafa let us know what happened and my roommate Justin and I sent him well wishes. Rafa said that they put their riding plans on hold at that point. We went with this great man on his last ride. I remember it as one of the great times that I had down in Baja. Virgin single track type trails, just 45 minutes south of the border and much more established great trails close by...

* Best checkpoint to rest and drink: panchitos (Tj-Valle de las palmas)

* Best tacos: El yaqui in rosarito

* Best Table Dance: Hong Kong in TJ

* Best Spot in Baja: Todos Santos

* Best Surf spot: Los cerritos in Todos Santos

* Best Trail: Sta.veronica- Testerrazo - Valle de las palmas (PURE HELL estilo Red Bull Last Man Standing)

* Best Dirt Road: Anything along the coast.

The mystique of Baja lies south in La Paz - Todos Santos - Cabo thats the true beauty of BAJA.

Erick Durazo

This one is easy....

Favorite spot to eat, ride, sleep, ..... is ..... BAJA. :blah:

Oh wait... IN Baja :busted: Well then, let me see.... All of it! Everywhere!!

:worthy:

I take the 5th, as half the places I've been ... I can't remember the name of them. For example... best bacon wrapped dogs, is in Catavina at the local store... right next door, under the tarp. Well, they were that day anyway!!

... this thread could go on forever!!! Is there really a "Bad" place to eat, ride, or sleep?! 👍

And I've got a "recommendation"..... Paris needs an A/C unit!!!

This one is easy....

Favorite spot to eat, ride, sleep, .....

I take the 5th, as half the places I've been ... I can't remember the name of them.

I know a place in Ensenada you like.........👍

COCOS CORNER felt like mad max movie the first time I came up on it

SAW MILL allways a good place to take a break

MIKES SKY RANCH best steak in baja (or maybe its just the ride there)

MELINGS you allways fell welcomed there

ALFONSINAS great shrimp

BAJA MAR great golfing at a good price

Ill think of some more

Haven't had a chance to get down to Sur, but the best norte rides have been the coast to coast ones---Ensenada to S.F. is awesome. I forget the name of the place I've eaten at (maybe there isn't a name at all), but the little restaurant in Ojos accross the street from the liquor store has BOMB carne.

Laguna

Baja250056.jpg

Ensenada

07Baja500035.jpg

Punta C./Erindira

07Baja500051.jpg

S.F.

baja25007283.jpg

Please view my album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/matt.rathsam/20070527

Sad story about all of this. This location is RV54, which is down the M3 about 45 minutes south of Tecate. Last year, we met the family that owns the ranch and rode at their property 3 times. These pictures where from the last time we rode there. Later in this day, Rafa's father, the 64 year old former Baja racer from the 60s and 70s, tried to cut another trail for riding on his property. The Bobcat he was driving ended up falling down the hillside and it severed his leg. Rafa let us know what happened and my roommate Justin and I sent him well wishes. Rafa said that they put their riding plans on hold at that point. We went with this great man on his last ride. I remember it as one of the great times that I had down in Baja. Virgin single track type trails, just 45 minutes south of the border and much more established great trails close by...

Sorry to hear this about Rafa's family. I also was a recipient of Rafa and Gabe's (friend) hospitality for a weekend. Unfortunately it was a weekend wrought with disaster as two us got carried out (hospital trips) and I haven't had the chance to return.

Hopefully the family will realize their dream of turning RV54 into a motopark. Keep us posted if you hear anything.

Ron