Sign in to follow this  

I need some boots.

I'm looking to buy some new boots. I want some top of the line ones. Price isn't a huge issue. I just want some peoples opinions on whats the best.

Top of the line SIDI and Gaerne boots are generally considered the best stuff you can get. Much like the Arai And Shoei of helmets.

I have the Crossfire SRS and they are excellent boots.

I love my Tech 8's, they're super supportive and protective...but I've already decided that my next pair will be the Sidi Crossfire. I did a side-by-side comparison between them and the SG-1 boots at my local shop. The Sidi's made the Gaerne's seem cheesy.

SG 10 for sure. You should be able to get a good price with the SG 12's coming out.

Sidi Crossfires.

I'm never going back to Alpinestars. I hate their buckles/straps.

I've been injured more buckling my old Tech 8's than riding the last 10 years. The metal is really a PITA when it is cold out too. I really like the boots though. The newer buckles look more user friendly:confused:

I've been injured more buckling my old Tech 8's than riding the last 10 years. The metal is really a PITA when it is cold out too. I really like the boots though. The newer buckles look more user friendly:confused:

The newer buckles are the ones I don't like.

The newer buckles are the ones I don't like.

+1 I have tech 8's 2 of my buckles I need a damn screwdriver sometimes because you just cant pop it out of the plastic:thumbsdn: really annoying its always the same 2 buckles to

Can't speak for the new style buckles on the Tech 8's. My T8's were the last year of the previous style buckles and I don't really have any problems with them.

i love my tech 8's. they look almost new after 6 years of use. i doubt i will ever buy anything other than astar.

SG10's - An incredible boot with incredible protection all for less than $300. Very comfortable with virtually no breakin.

Thanks for all the help guys. I think i'm gonna get the Sidi crossfires or the sg10s.

Good choice 👍