What do you guys think of this 05 CRF250?

It has

Brand new '08 head complete with new valves, springs, etc.

New '08 cam (per thumpertalk forums. better than most aftermarket cams)

New JE High compression Piston 13.5:1

MSR air screw.

Quickshot accelerator Pump bowl.

Jardine Slip on Exhaust.

New Tag fat bars.

ASV levers.

Is this a pretty decent setup? BTW the bike only has about 15min on the new motorwork. How much would a bike like this go for? And would running 91 octane with the 13.5 to 1 compression piston be sufficient for a long period of time. I know the seller reads thumpertalk so feel free to chime in.

Thanks

If its clean, it sounds pretty nice. I've also got a JE on 91. Honestly it sounds pretty much like my bike except an 05 (mines an 06 with a fresh top end basically same specs). If somebody offered me 3500 today for mine, I probably wouldn't take it. He sounds legit, if its clean and you know the work was done right, you have peace of mind, a solid motor, and if everything else is taken care of, a solid bike.

Its pretty much an 05 with an 08 motor at this point with a little weaker bottom end. The 05 is basically the same now except no steering dampener. The frame and suspension components are the same. In my area, its probably a 2.8k bike, but if It was mine, it would be worth more to me.

in all honesty when you put mods in your not going to get your money back for them....unless its alot and its a trick lookin bike....but like a HC piston....guys arn't gonna say im gonna give you 200 more for that and 400 more for your pipe, not with the economy

in all honesty when you put mods in your not going to get your money back for them....unless its alot and its a trick lookin bike....but like a HC piston....guys arn't gonna say im gonna give you 200 more for that and 400 more for your pipe, not with the economy

What ?, Of course nobody expects to recover all costs of aftermarket parts, but if you're in the market for a used bike, and the mods make the bike work better or update the bike to compete with the latest technology, most are willing to pay a little extra so they don't have to buy it later at full retail.

yes. and it will definately help selling the bike cause its always a big plus just dont expect to get 100% of your money back......and i guess if its someone that has been riding for a while they will include that in there price

It has

Brand new '08 head complete with new valves, springs, etc.

New '08 cam (per thumpertalk forums. better than most aftermarket cams)

New JE High compression Piston 13.5:1

MSR air screw.

Quickshot accelerator Pump bowl.

Jardine Slip on Exhaust.

New Tag fat bars.

ASV levers.

That bike would sell for at least 3000 on Oahu. Buy it! love my 05

What ?, Of course nobody expects to recover all costs of aftermarket parts, but if you're in the market for a used bike, and the mods make the bike work better or update the bike to compete with the latest technology, most are willing to pay a little extra so they don't have to buy it later at full retail.

Not true. The mods are what some other dude thought would make the bike work better, ride faster, compete better. Sure, bling might get a buyer in the door, but if the buyer is intelligent and knows what he's doing, he probably already knows what mods work right for him or what exactly he wants. Sure, there are plenty of dumbasses who will roll up, see a shiny, graphiced out bike and think it's a factory Honda but those aren't as common as you think.

There is very, very little return for aftermarket parts on a motorcycle unless it's a Harley, and those are ghey. Best bet is to remove them, go back to stock parts, get some nice, new looking plastics, chain, sprocket and shine the bike up nice. Make sure it's running well, starts on first or second kick and sell away.

• 2 weeks later...
I appreciate the input guys. It's hard when you are dealing with bikes with a lot of after market parts, such as the one I am considering trading for this crf...

http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/mcy/814550421.html

a quad???? if thats what you really want no one is gonna stop you i guess. but if your gonna ride dunes i would get one with a bigger engine, but that one should handle fine with the elka suspension

Ya surprisingly haven't gotten any cash offers, just trades. I don't think many people are buying now because of the economy. It's been a great bike but its time for me to get into two wheels now that I don't live to so close to Glamis.