Sign in to follow this  

CRF250 hinson clutch

hey guys i have a chance to buy a hinson clutch system (hub, pressure plate, the whole deal) has anyone bought one here and can you tell me what you think of them.

ummmm, a guy with username smf(something) had the whole kit, he hasent posted in a while, he said he liked it though

Just simply go on motocrossactionmag.com and search for Hinson. Hinson components have been their favorite clutch components brand for a long time. They always talk in many of their mags about how good the Hinson basket is so all their other parts are certainely made from the same quality.

i have a hinson basket in my 08...

carnt really feel any difference over stock. but it will last longer than stock, and thats what i wanted from the product

Got a Hinson in mine works great. But if I were to get another I would order the Moose T6 basket. The guy I ordered mine from ordered a Moose T6 at the some tome but his was almost 50 dollars less, when they came in we looked at the deference and there was none:banghead: . The box was the same with a deferent sticker on it the instructions were exactly the same and the baskets there selves were identical except for the markings. If I had to do it again I would just get the Moose T6 basket and save the 50 bucks.👍

i bought the hinson clutch and it lasted 1 race and had to be taken out the plates got so hot and blued that it would not even pull my my bike off the line cost me a race

i bought the hinson clutch and it lasted 1 race and had to be taken out the plates got so hot and blued that it would not even pull my my bike off the line cost me a race

installed wrong!?

We had a same problem with the 08 with the inner hub the jobber spring does not fit correctly you need to run the all friction plates the same, replace the one that the jobber spring fits in with a normal one or use all 07 fiction plates.

a heads up on the hinson vs moose billet clutch baskets. hinson does manufacture the moose racing basket which is why they look identical with the same instructions, etc. the primary difference is that the hinson basket is akadized (vs anodized) which is a much costlier and harder finish over anodized. the moose basket is still very strong and won't notch as easily the OE basket though.

so what your saying is that the better buy it the moose one... but if i where able to get a hinson for a good price then the hinson would be a good buy as well eh?

Get the Barnett 209.00 shipped and it has stainless inserts to stop the grooving. If it does groove just sent it to them and they will fix it free. I get mine at Monkey Butt Raceing

buck up for the hinson if you can. my post was to inform regarding why there was a price difference between hinson vs moose racing when they physically looked the same.