Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna/Husaberg

I have tryed searching but came up with nothing. I have a few questions about these bikes: Are they the same company? What is the reliability like? is it like there chainsaws (If it is the same company) or like a giovanni or the same as KTM. Sorry if this has alreadly been done. 👍

They are different companies, but both have roots in Sweden. In '88 Cagiva bought Husqvarna and moved it to Italy. Soon after former employees of Husqvarna started Husaberg, later on KTM bought Husaberg and have been essentially using them as their R&D company.

BMW recently bought Husqvarna, but the plant remains in Italy, and KTM's-Husaberg remains in Sweden.

FWIW, Husqvarna chainsaws and sewing machines are still based in Sweden and are the original company. The MC division was sold off as mentioned above to Cagiva in 88 and then sold again to BMW last year. In some ways, Husgvarna is just a name and not a company with regards to the motorcycles.

......KTM's-Husaberg remains in Sweden.

Since a couple of years the Husabergs are 100% made in the KTM factory in Austria, also the R&D is there.

The only department in sweden is the racing division

Husaberg HQ houses in örebro sweden, but the bikes is assembled in ktms austrian factory.

"In some ways, Husqvarna is just a name and not a company with regards to the motorcycles." Seems like an odd statement to me. BMW kept the name, factory in Italy, from what I've read, the engineers and plant workers stayed on. HVA even came up with some new bikes for '09. TE 310 4-stroke and a WR 300 2-stroke. BMW has there own 450 4-stroke design seperate from Husky. That would be the same as saying that Husaberg is just a name and not a company with regards to motorcycles, just because they're built in the KTM factory. Well, this would be a false statement because for '09 they have their new engine design. Beta uses the KTM RFS engine, even though they have their own motors, so is it a Beta or a KTM?

Odd mix this Husqarna-cagiva-BMW-H-D...

Since Husqvarna is now owned by BMW and they are still assembled at the Varese plant where the M/V Cagiva assembly is also done ...and H-D recently bought M/V Cagiva and the Varese plant...does this mean that BMW is paying H-D to assemble the Husqvarnas?

"In some ways, Husqvarna is just a name and not a company with regards to the motorcycles." Seems like an odd statement to me. BMW kept the name, factory in Italy, from what I've read, the engineers and plant workers stayed on. HVA even came up with some new bikes for '09. TE 310 4-stroke and a WR 300 2-stroke. BMW has there own 450 4-stroke design seperate from Husky. That would be the same as saying that Husaberg is just a name and not a company with regards to motorcycles, just because they're built in the KTM factory. Well, this would be a false statement because for '09 they have their new engine design. Beta uses the KTM RFS engine, even though they have their own motors, so is it a Beta or a KTM?

What I was getting at is that the original company that the Husky name comes from is no longer involved with the motorcycles, and haven't been since they sold the division off to Cagiva in the late '80s. I wasn't trying to imply anything more involved/deeper than that.