Sign in to follow this  

Five-10 case saver??

I need one for my 07. Anyone have one? All I can find are one's for the 08- which apparently are different......👍 I have a brand new one for an 08 that doesn't fit!:worthy:

u could make your own in about an hour or less if you had a piece of aluminum and some cuttin equipment

Dude! your a freakin genius!!:worthy: ,,, No time for crackin yourself up bro,, I'm in need of a part:p .. If I could of made one myself, I would have & be gettin paid for it!!👍

Can't seem to find a five ten either, but this one is REALLY nice... made by an overseas company called EVOTECH. Have to buy from their Ebay store.

I have ran one for two years and they are very nice (plus nobody else will have one on their bikes)

http://cgi.ebay.com/HONDA-CRF450-SPROCKET-COVER-CRANKCASE-SAVER-CRF-450_W0QQitemZ170255306112QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170255306112&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

If you can't locate a five ten, this might be a good option.👍

Well, I have my problem solved:applause: ! No one including Five-10 has the case savers listed for 07 & older, just 08. So, I emaild Five-10 and told them what was going on. They told me to send my new one for the 08 & they would send me a new one for my 07. That was really cool of them, especially since I didn't buy it from them.It's a great product I'd recommend to all! Thanks for your help guys & buy a Five-10..👍

The stocker from Honda is only $5-10. It protects against a chewed case just as well as the aftermarket parts, because if the chain is thrown, the magnesium case is gonna break at the case saver mounting bolts...it's the weakest link and is the part that will fail 99% of the time (if not 100%). So, if it's purely the protection you seek, save the $ and go with the stock part - but if it's the bling factor you're going for, the aftermarket parts are much better looking...even though they won't protect any better than the stock piece.

• Like 1

The stocker from Honda is only $5-10. It protects against a chewed case just as well as the aftermarket parts, because if the chain is thrown, the magnesium case is gonna break at the case saver mounting bolts...it's the weakest link and is the part that will fail 99% of the time (if not 100%). So, if it's purely the protection you seek, save the $ and go with the stock part - but if it's the bling factor you're going for, the aftermarket parts are much better looking...even though they won't protect any better than the stock piece.

+1. If I was going for bling I would have this one:thumbsup:

http://www.hammerheaddesignsinc.com/order-honda-casesavers.html

I like the 5-10 because it holds your carb hoses too. Yes, the hammerhead is a very nice looking piece. AND, yes the stock one probably works just as well , but I dont like the looks of it.

I like the 5-10 because it holds your carb hoses too. Yes, the hammerhead is a very nice looking piece. AND, yes the stock one probably works just as well , but I dont like the looks of it.

Not a thing in the world wrong with wanting something different...ah, the beauty of freedom!👍