Sign in to follow this  

suttle Problems after being fixed any ideas?

i have a 2003 Yz250F the cam timing chain slipped making my timing off, i re timed my bike checked all the valves, checked the clearance everything was fine but the bike would only run with the choke on and wouldnt idle. i took the bike to my friend who owns a shop in ct because i had to have my forks re oil and sealed anyways, it turns out that there was a chunk of crud in the carb

but now it pops alot more than usual when i let off the throttle even with the clutch in, i let the bike idle and reved the engine slowly before cracking the throttle back and a six inch flame shot out the exhaust

i dont know if its a carb problem

anyone have an idea?

Try a tank of 93 or 110 octane and see if that makes any difference, it does on mine. Flame shooting out the back is normal to lean. I would follow advice above and try cranking out the fuel screw 1/8 to 1/4 turn.

usually i only run 93 through my bike but i gave it to him empty so i dont know what kind of gas he put in it

i guess tomorrow i'll back the screw out a little and see how it runs

i wish there was a way to throw flames minus the possible long term engine damage