Cr85 basics (oil change/maintenance/etc.)

Hey guys, i'm come from the land of 4 strokes, and have had a fleet of them. Currently an 07 RMZ450.

I just purchased a very tricked out 07 CR85 Supermoto. Unfortunately no service/owners manual.

Haven't got a clue on checking the oil, changing, and general maintenance.

Can someone shoot me the basics, or a link on how-to's?

Thanks guys!

Jonny

maitenance should be close to the rmz regular filter cleaning and oiling changing the tranny oil frequently checking bolts tightnening chain etc. to change the tranny oil ride the bike go through the gears to warm the bottom end up. right near the kick starter their will be a black bolt/plug undo that, now you set the bike up and on the bottom of the bike engine their will be a bolt undo that and drain the oil and tighten the bolt back up. now you add some tranny oil whatever brand you like from the dealer and add 600 cm3 which equals to about a quart and a 1/4 good luck!

Hey guys, i'm come from the land of 4 strokes, and have had a fleet of them. Currently an 07 RMZ450.

I just purchased a very tricked out 07 CR85 Supermoto. Unfortunately no service/owners manual.

Haven't got a clue on checking the oil, changing, and general maintenance.

Can someone shoot me the basics, or a link on how-to's?

Thanks guys!

Jonny

I'd almost have to say two-strokes are easier to maintain and are cheaper to do so, but no dirt bike is easy to maintain and cheap to work on. ?

As for maintenance, I usually change the transmission oil every 3-4 rides. (Depending on how hard their ridden and how long each ride.)

Changing oil on two strokes is almost the same as in four strokes, just basically warm the bike up for a bit, drain the oil out of the drain bolt which is usually located under the bike, (there might be a skid plate you have to remove to get to the bolt) right next to the kickstarter there's a black plastic cap you unscrew, before you add oil into there, make sure the drain plug is back in and tight. Air filter after every ride or two, depending on your like. As for normal maintenance, check the chain for it being too loose or too tight, lube the chain after you ride when the chains still warm. Check spokes, you know, the basics! And where ever you ride, bring an extra spark plug or two, some premix, and already mixed gas. Then just ride and have fun!! :worthy: BTW!

when mixing gas id run either 32:1 or 40:1.