Sign in to follow this  

FMF Q Stealth first hand

I cant tell If its quieter or If its just a deeper throatier tone. power is smoother across the board, its the same length as the Q but a bigger oval .

the bike sounds like a quiet 500 2 stroke. I would say if you have a Q or turbine core 2 keep it, but if you want spend some cash on a silencer FMF did their home work on, get it!!

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

• Like 1

i thought a stock pipe was louder once then a PC to me turned out it was just some kind of reverb i was hearing off the bike, as all my friends said the PC was for sure louder then the stock, i think having someone stand away from the bike and listening to it, will tell you better if it is louder, the same or quiet, at least it did for me,

but if what you say is true props for you for posting this and saving people some hard earned cash:worthy:

I guess the only way to tell is having some one ride my bike or video me riding. the engine and pipe are louder at idle and siting on the bike than the silencer.

one thing I do like about the newer KTM is the engine is very quiet.

under throttle mine is noticeably quieter. hopefully this weekend I can get some feed back from my friends.

Boys this pipe makes the power really come on strong and smooth, my son says its quiet, he could not hear me and the wind blew my dust trail he there for got lost but the smart lad stayed put and I could hear his XR so I got back to him.

now I need better brakes or at least a more sensitive front brake.

I was hoping someone would get one on here. Is it any heavier? I may try one for next season, I wonder if Pro Circuit will make something similar? I already have a 296.

That looks sweet, I just wish they would have made the thing a little shorter, I know its longer to help quiet it down but I dont think it could make that much of a difference. I used to run the original Q on my KX250 and it ended up looking like this......

IMG_1588.jpg

👍

I now run a PC SA and I love it, sounds good, quiet and a couple inches shorter than the Q!

P.S. have you checked the clearance between that pipe and your rear rire when the suspension is compressed? It looks like the tire will hit the muffler in the picture?

I purchased one for my '05 also. I repacked the PC shorty while waiting on the Q Stealth to ship. I liked the freshly packed shorty so well I've yet to install the Q. 👍

I definitely like the looks of the shorty better than the Q stealth. I was worried about my tire rubbing the much larger diameter Q as well. I'll probably wait and install the Q when I ride the national forest this fall.

I love the 952 rears too.

Fine looking bike Krazyinski!