Theilman, MN trail ride Sept 6-7th

Club members have put in a lot of time clearing trails for this fall's trail ride and it is looking good. The bridge is still unusable but it wasn't too much of an issue this spring, most riders rode one side on Sat and the other side on Sun. You must load up and drive your vehicle from one side to the other unless your bike is street legal, and we will have maps at signup. You can camp on either side but space is limited on the east side (Central assembly) and all sign up/sound testing is being done at the west side campgrounds like it has in the past. You must signup first to ride either side.

For more information:

http://www.goldeneaglesmc.org/trail_rides.htm

And a video example of the trails:

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/bulletcam/?action=view¤t=ThielmanTrailRide2004Clip.flv

Hope to see you there!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to go and I will even be close by, but I don't have a spark arrestor silencer for my YZ250 and can't get one in time for the ride. :worthy:

Do you suppose the spark arrestors have to be USFS approved? I was thinking about making a spark arrestor similar to the Cobra Sparky with the aluminum I have sitting around and some stainless steel screen, but I wonder if they would let it fly? ?

I have seen guy's use screen wrapped over the outlet before. But you must pass the sound test too.

My muffler checks in at 95db and it has fresh packing, so I should be good in terms with that. If all I have to do is wrap some screen around the exhaust outlet, then I am in! ?:worthy:

Are you going both days? I will be staying in NW Rochester at my brothers house and was wondering if I could hitch hike a ride with you?

That would be pretty cool. Our trailer only fits 2 bikes so we would have to relocate the wheel chocks to get another bike to fit. My dad hasn't even made up his mind if we're going for both days yet so I'll have to get back to you.

I have seen guy's use screen wrapped over the outlet before. But you must pass the sound test too.

Crap, I just looked on their website and it says that they require a USFS approved spark arrestor. It looks like I am out... ?

Crap, I just looked on their website and it says that they require a USFS approved spark arrestor. It looks like I am out... :worthy:

Order one from Dennis Kirk......?

I've always recieved my packages from them the next day. Since you live a bit further away, it might take two days to get there.

Order one from Dennis Kirk......?

I've always recieved my packages from them the next day. Since you live a bit further away, it might take two days to get there.

It would get here in one day also, but I spent most of my money 2 weeks ago on school books/supplies and gas(Damn suburbans with 36 gallon tanks!:worthy:) IDK, I may be able to get my dad to loan me some money to get one though, I guess I'll have to ask him tonight when I get back from class.

WOOHOO!!!!! My dad stopped buy for lunch and we were talking and he offered to buy me a FMF Q-Stealth! :worthy::worthy:? It should be here on Thursday.

Nice!

Those are REALLY nice mufflers........and they are nice and cheap (well, at least compared to the thumper silencers :blah: ).

Now back on topic..........

Roll call for Sat. & Sunday?

<--- Tom, lone rider on Saturday with an orange 200cc pinger bike :busted:

I did this ride in 2007:

one of my first videos! I used to put them to music; then I decided later it was cooler to hear just the bike.

anyway, that was way fun. Great trail system, nice views. We went Sunday. It seemed like everyone tired themselves out Saturday, and the place was not crowded at all on Sunday. We were lucky, because Saturday ended up being very hot, and I think that helped wipe people out.

I can't make it this year; I have prior engagements. Have fun!

Hi,

I'm planning on coming up from WI for the ride but won't get in until late Friday night.

Can anyone recommend any hotels that are close. It looks like there are a couple in Wabasha but can't tell if those are the closest.

Thanks

You can pull in and set up camp at the ride anytime Fri night...

I'm hopefully off on Friday, so will get down there and settled before dark, and ready to ride Satuday - Sunday. Blue Dodge Dakota, little pop up camper, 1 big Yamaha and 2 little Hondas. Would be happy to get a ride or two in with you guys, look me up and/or I'll keep an eye out, particularly for those recently converted to the Orange side...? Oh yeah, and I'm also Chris.

Hi,

I'm planning on coming up from WI for the ride but won't get in until late Friday night.

Can anyone recommend any hotels that are close. It looks like there are a couple in Wabasha but can't tell if those are the closest.

Thanks

Wabasha is probably the closest but Lake City is about 10-15 miles north on Cty Rd #4 I believe, they may have more hotels.

Most riders camp at the "West" trailhead where sign-up is.

Haha, so we will have two Jordan's (me and jbusa) and two Chris's. This could get confusing. ??

I will either be driving a green Pontiac Bonneville(If I can finish building my hitch by the weekend) with a small trailer or a brown Chevy Suburban with a small trailer. I have a blue YZ250 with Boost mobile graphics, and numbered with 46. I'm also easy to be spotted because of my crazy zebra looking James Stewart replica helmet.