Sign in to follow this  

Ride report!!! 1100 miles

So, I decided to make my first long trip on the Z. Drove from Kitchener Ontario to Granneville Vermont. 530 miles last friday, rode in a hare scramble on saturday (borrowed a different bike), hung out with family on sunday, then another 530 miles home... full trip with a little riding down there came to EXACTLY 1100 miles. (never gone that far on an oil change yet...) 11 hours each way...

Awesome trip!!!!!! The ride along hwy 3 in NY is killer and the mountain passes in VT are unreal!!! I rode the Lincoln Gap in VT 4 times its so much fun.

Only casualty is my rear tire, nice and flat in the middle. I had about 4.5 hours each way on the 401 (big canadian hwy) at approx 80+mph continuous, my rear tire was so hot it started melting... maybe I'll have to raise the pressure next time???

On Hwy 3

Hwy3NY.jpg

Next to lake Champlain (taken while riding:ride:)

LakeChamplainsouthshore.jpg

Top of lincoln gap

LincolnGap.jpg

to help the rear tire from waring out at 80+MPH try removing the rad air skoops and the frunt fender

with all the pics that get posted of mountons and twisty roads IOWA is really starting to suck

You definitely get the "Buns of Steel" award. Congratulations. Sounds like a memorable trip.

Awesome pics!! I was born and raised in the adirondack mountians. Thanks for sharing.