Sign in to follow this  

daves magic oil

finally changed oil in my forks today not able to do shock yet will be riding tomorrow will try to let everyone know what i think bike is a 07 wr450 cant wait tell tomorrow.

rode thirty miles today forks worked great much better than before very plush soaked things up like never before very nice for just an oil change, thanks dave.👍

Were you using the "taco sauce", who is Dave and how can I get his oil?

this is from another thread NC but i have a question about the oil:

there is no bleed on my showa tc taco setup,and initial harshness is a thing of the past; like you said.... the faster engagement makes up for it:thumbsup:

its the mirrors!

this oil is really something amazing,proggressive is a good way to describe it:worthy:

does it feel like say 15Cst initially going up to 36 Cst ? or 11 to 40 or 11 to 24 ?

or ..............?

how long does it last (the progressiveness) ? eg I can feel motul factory line starting to go a bit off after its been in the forks 15 hours riding. if I spend a hefty amount of cash on some oil I'd like to know roughly how long the mirrors will last. 15 hours bike time comes up every couple of weeks in summer...

this is from another thread NC but i have a question about the oil:

does it feel like say 15Cst initially going up to 36 Cst ? or 11 to 40 or 11 to 24 ?

or ..............?

how long does it last (the progressiveness) ? eg I can feel motul factory line starting to go a bit off after its been in the forks 15 hours riding. if I spend a hefty amount of cash on some oil I'd like to know roughly how long the mirrors will last. 15 hours bike time comes up every couple of weeks in summer...

I can't speak for how it reacts on a 15 hr ride but I believe there are some people who can. Grayracer I think does long desert rides. I can say though that DaveJ's stinky taco sauce is the single best "mod" I've ever had on a bike. I can't keep my mouth shut about it, it's that good.

dave said it went off at 250 hours on his personal bike.