Sign in to follow this  

helmet question

Just looking for input on the moto-8. I'm looking at helmets and the moto-8 seems to offer everything(as do all the higher end helmets appear to me). I've found a few for a decent price online. I just haven't seen any in local shops. I hate not being able to put my hands on stuff like that before I buy. So, my questions are:

Are they worth the money?

How does the sizing compare to fox helmets?(I'm currently in a large fox. The thor feels better in a medium. but haven't had the opportunity to handle a bell.)

Does all that famous venting actually work? I have a hard time believing in it unless your running like a scalded ape down a long straight.

they are good helemets if you wear a large helemet in fox. 23 1/4 to 23 3/4 inches. in the bell moto 8 you would wear a large too 23 1/4 to 23 5/8 inches

the venting is like any other helemet

thanks. i've been seeing them around 200.00 and under. the new designs are obviously still pretty high. seems pretty good, considering the price tag on the arai's and shoei's.

Nice helmet @ closeout pricing.

The vents & little "lip" on the back of the helmet are prone to cracking if handled roughly - I only mention this because apparently they can crack during shipping - check yours carefully when you get it.

I wear a XL Bell moto 8

however I bought before the bell a Fox V3 in XL and I would have had to chop my ears off to get it on.

The venting on the Moto 8 is frigging GREAT way better than any other helmet I have had before

I have had a moto 8 for about 4 months, i love it.... the venting is awesome, i live in the desert and it helps alot, one small complaint is that the vents in the back let in excessive muffler noise, its quite loud. but i wouldnt give it up. I got a smokin deal on ebay as well. i used to wear a med-lg in shoei and xl in bell.

Make sure you try one on at a local shop before buying one. I have a large oneil and in the moto 8 I had to get a XL.

I got mine a few weeks ago for $149, it's last years model. PM me if you want the link.