Bought my first modern thumper

I got an 07 250R right off the showroom floor tonight.

I am a 2 stroke guy but decided to try out the more toruqey bikes. Some tracks really benifit from it.

After much reading the Honda just seems to be the most solid package. Gearbox, motor, frame, ergos, quality, suspension, brakes, fit and finis.

Anythng special I need to know about the 07 250R bike?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Check. Oil. Religiously.

And valves often, my roomy did it every 10-12 hours...very easy to do, dont freak out if you don't know how to do it.

While Im still a two stroke nut...the four stroke is tons of fun, and very easy to go fast on.

Its not like you will just instantly pick up speed, and not saying anything bad to those who ride fourstrokes, its just like moving up to a smoother bike...you will most likely like your race results.

I got an 07 250R right off the showroom floor tonight.

I am a 2 stroke guy but decided to try out the more toruqey bikes. Some tracks really benifit from it.

After much reading the Honda just seems to be the most solid package. Gearbox, motor, frame, ergos, quality, suspension, brakes, fit and finis.

Anythng special I need to know about the 07 250R bike?

Thanks.

My condolences. But if youe wallet is endless, enjoy.. they are fun when they run.

I got he 250 as I prefer the smaller ligher bikes. I am an Elise guy not a viper guy.

I am not anti 4 stroke I do like the interaction that a 125/144 has. I recognize the benifits modern thumper has. Fun is not one of the big attributes, the 2 strokes win that, but the thumpers wins in about every other dimension. So I got one. The slick tracks with flat tight turns with stepups 20 feet out from the turn are tough on a small 2 stroke. I hope this 250R fixes that while keepng some degree of rider involvment.

I rode a 450 at the track, it is like riding a steam roller. No thanks, not for me. This 250R seems just about right. ?

I still have a killer 144 and have NO plans to eliminate that. Stupid levels of fun.

[quote name=

I rode a 450 at the track, it is like riding a steam roller. No thanks, not for me. This seems just about right. ?

[/quote]

Yeh bro 250f is the only way to go, so much fun blasting past riders struggling to hang on to 450's, ha.

I've had 4 250f's mostly yzfs, got a 07 crf250 at the mo & loving it, don't listen to the sh!t about reliability, been just as good as the yzf's so far. it's all just how you treat them.

what is qs2?

it is a Boyesen Quickshot 2, the 'sequal' to the origanal Quickshot...its a cover over the ap or accelerator pump....supposedly gets less bog and easier starting...ive heard mixed things about 70% of people said it did nothing or very little...but then again others love it

Honestly my bike never had bog . . . but it is a 07 not an 06. ive said it before that the 06 felt sluggish compared to my 07 and my cousin fully agreed. Felt like my 07 had way better throttle response. Only reason i have a qs2 was to get rid of hot stall out in the desert. it did what i wanted it to so ? for the qs2.

Honestly my bike never had bog . . . but it is a 07 not an 06. ive said it before that the 06 felt sluggish compared to my 07 and my cousin fully agreed. Felt like my 07 had way better throttle response. Only reason i have a qs2 was to get rid of hot stall out in the desert. it did what i wanted it to so ? for the qs2.

07's have better head porting...probally why it was faster

Anything I have to look for with regard to jetting? I am used to jetting up and down all the time on a 2 stroke, I am in AZ. I can talk 2 stroke jetting for days.

I do no teven know how the freaking carbs work on these bikes. ?