Sign in to follow this  

winter weather tires

I'm in northern arizona at 7000 ft and winter is approaching. I would like to ride my bike as long as possible, so what is the best tire for wet/dry roads that have cinders/gravel lying around on them? I won't ride the sumo wheels when it gets really bad, I'll just swap my dirt tires on at some point

race grade rain tyres, although keep in mind that running those on dry roads will make em wear down pretty fast and technically they're not street legal tyres. they are however the best option to ride on either cold or wet roads, or the 2 factors combined since the rubber compound is very soft and the tyre profile is designed to quickly disperse water.

I have been thinking of a set of those Euro tires they use over in the UK.

Like these tires. Maybe they'll work????????????????

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6775639#post6775639

They're "race" tyres, not street legal... grippy as hell though 👍

But a lot of us over in the UK run them on the road anyway - usually just a reace wet front thought with another rear.

race grade rain tyres, although keep in mind that running those on dry roads will make em wear down pretty fast and technically they're not street legal tyres. they are however the best option to ride on either cold or wet roads, or the 2 factors combined since the rubber compound is very soft and the tyre profile is designed to quickly disperse water.

Agree 100%

I only run race wet fronts on the road now in all conditions (cast offs from my racing that I wouln'd use for wet tracks anymore but are fine for road riding).