Sign in to follow this  

kendra 761 tires

Has anybod used them .I just ordered a set and was wondering how the hold up on the road , I run 95/5 road to off road but wondering a little more about rain are they a good rain tire ?👍 on

I've been using them on my 525 KTM MXC. I like them for the desert riding I do, but they will wear very fast on pavement. No experience in the rain here in So Cal.

I had a set on my 450exc and the get good traction dry, but look out in the rain they are super slippery. Half wore out with only about 450 miles on them.

Rain performance is not good.

I live and commute up in Vancouver BC 12 months of the year so I know my rain riding.......

I had a set on my 450exc and the get good traction dry, but look out in the rain they are super slippery. Half wore out with only about 450 miles on them.

👍

I had the same experience with the wear. There are large grooves running perpendicular to the direction of travel. The remaining rubber wears down very quickly until those grooves are gone.

In the wet, you have to be very gentle with the throttle and brake or you will break traction. Nothing like giving it a little gas while you are going 65 mph and the back tire starts to spin 😏

IMAGE_261.jpg

I had very good luck with these on a loaded KLR and got 7000 miles out of mine but the front wore very unevenly. I can't find the picture from when I finished the trip but this is one with about 3000 miles on it. My friend's XR650L wore a bit quicker but still lasted the whole trip. They area bit iffy in the rain as stated though.

P9030144.jpg

I posted i had about 450 miles on them. I was wrong i put a tag on the front when i took them off they have 360 miles. here is what they look like maybe not quite half wore out. but i really like the little twisty thing on my handle bar that makes it go fast:busted: here is a pic of the rear off the bike now but you can still see it is wore down fairly significantly from new

100_1670.jpg

+ about 6 on the "poor in the rain" tire.👍

I ride daily on the street, and you have to be double careful going over painted lines or taking corners in the wet. They WILL slide. In the dry, they're great. I really rail the DR on the pavement with these. Surprisingly good in the gravel and loose stuff as well. Would I buy another set? Not likely, as much as it rains around here. I may look into an even more street biased tire for the daily use here in the "Northwet".