Sign in to follow this  

GSXR Muffler on Ebay

No it's not! That's an 03/04 gun boat beast. You can tell by how by how much pipe is extended past the hanger compared to the correct one below. You don't want it. I wish these sellers had a friggin clue what they are selling. 👍

Sport_Bike_Pipe_Compare.jpg

Ah, thank you for letting us know. :worthy: I'll watch closer next time. :busted: I'm glad I posted it here because had I needed one...👍

I logged into my ebay account and sent the guy a message letting him know that he might want to correct the info on his add as the he'll probably get the muffler sent back to him.

Ah, thank you for letting us know. :worthy: I'll watch closer next time. :D I'm glad I posted it here because had I needed one...👍

I logged into my ebay account and sent the guy a message letting him know that he might want to correct the info on his add as the he'll probably get the muffler sent back to him.

I purposely bought the R1 and 03/04 GSXR1000 muffler to see the fitment issues that might exist. They are beyond usefullness because of their mass IMO. They look stupid sticking way out and are much bigger in circumfrence so tire clearance issues are also a major factor. :busted: I've seen a lot of sellers trying (or not knowing) to pass off the 03/04 GSXR1000 muffler for the 01/02 units. Buyers beware! :blah:

heres another http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=310049036022 I held out on posting the link cause I wanted one, but I bought the other so its all good. I'll be picking it up tomorrow from the post office

Now that's the right one! But it looks like it ended without a sale? WTH?

Now that's the right one! But it looks like it ended without a sale? WTH?

It was up for about 30 days but I was keeping really really quiet about it cause I wanted to keep hunting for a cheaper one and keep that as a backup. Ended up me deciding for the sake of a few bucks (postage is still gonna be $60+) I might as well get it, and it was just at the time when he dropped the price 10% :worthy:

Anyone who wants that can might wanna email the seller and ask him to put it back up. I picked mine up earlier today and it is indeed a 2001 can and very light. Had to pay $80 for a steel flange, I got it water cut but even the regulars wanted that much :busted: so i'm already down $220 but the final engineer seems more reasonable and quoted me around an hours work at $80 to custom make a midpipe, weld the flange and move the hanger back. Booked in for that tomorrow and hopefully she'll be all done 👍

It was up for about 30 days but I was keeping really really quiet about it cause I wanted to keep hunting for a cheaper one and keep that as a backup. Ended up me deciding for the sake of a few bucks (postage is still gonna be $60+) I might as well get it, and it was just at the time when he dropped the price 10% :worthy:

Anyone who wants that can might wanna email the seller and ask him to put it back up. I picked mine up earlier today and it is indeed a 2001 can and very light. Had to pay $80 for a steel flange, I got it water cut but even the regulars wanted that much :blah: so i'm already down $220 but the final engineer seems more reasonable and quoted me around an hours work at $80 to custom make a midpipe, weld the flange and move the hanger back. Booked in for that tomorrow and hopefully she'll be all done 👍

:busted: Looking forward to a ride report. :D

👍 Looking forward to a ride report. :worthy:

beautiful work. I think the steel midpipe might be amplifying the sound a little but its gooooood. Check the GSXR thread