Sign in to follow this  

For your entertainment

http://www.boneyard.tv/videos/view.php?cn=20-4315 OR if that doesn't work for you try :

👍 For your entertainment :worthy:

Louisiana Boys... Stephen Reed (Former Nat'l AA, Nat'l Enduro winner, SERA Champion, SETRA Champion ), Lucas Comeaux (SERA AA & ISDE rider)& Jason Reine (SERA AA) show everyone the parts of "The Moguls" that La.Trail Riders Asso. doesn't run you down. (Or up) Expect crashes.

Dwight:prof:

Awesome sound track...Breaking Benjamin rocks. Phase is a sick song. I love the part when the dude is coming back down the hill and you hear the girl, say "no!, BABY?, NO!" 👍

That's inspiring. Maybe one day I'll be able to do that. It's nice that you see them falling off. Not in a spectacular-crash carnage kind of way (those videos make me sore just watching, and I don't like them), but in a way that you can see that's what it takes to get it right.

Other than a willingness to fall off a lot, what do you have to do to get up hills like those? From what I can see it's mostly a bit of a run-up, staying upright while the bike pivots, throttle control, keeping enough weight on the back tyre to maintain traction.

Anything else? Like suspension loading/unloading?

Yeah, yeah. I know. Don't Try This At Home.

The link wont work for me. I really want to see it though, any ideas?

Wont work for me also{dammit}

I 2nd that.

Telling me to upload this webpage or something:excuseme:

me 4

"Welcome to the home of mipiar.info

To change this page, upload your website into the public_html directory

Date Created: Fri Aug 29 02:35:58 2008"

Don't know what the problem is. Tries to come up then goes to that other page. I am looking into it.

Dwight 👍

Works OK if you turn Javascript off in the browser.

Or use

. As a bonus, the aspect ratio is correct.

I'm sorry, but, yawn, what's the point?👍

The point is fun! You know, the thing so many people overlook when they start getting too competitive.

Hitting the track is fun.

Riding the high country single track is fun.

Cross country through no trail woods is fun.

Spending a couple of hours on small jumps in the back yard is fun.

Flat tracking a field is fun.

What those guys were doing is fun.

I've spent many hours on very similar ground over many years of riding, and I'll spend many more.

They all would have been much better off if they had been on big 'ole 450 4ST. Where have these guys been? Didn't they get the memo?

Just messin' with you all.

(I've ridden with Stephen Reed, at least I think that was him dissapearing into the distance)

Cool video

The point is fun! You know, the thing so many people overlook when they start getting too competitive.

Hitting the track is fun.

Riding the high country single track is fun.

Cross country through no trail woods is fun.

Spending a couple of hours on small jumps in the back yard is fun.

Flat tracking a field is fun.

What those guys were doing is fun.

I've spent many hours on very similar ground over many years of riding, and I'll spend many more.

Yup! Fun is the name of the game. We've raced and I even built a track at my house. But the more I ride, the more I realize how fun it is to just hang and mess around with my son and friends. Just last night my son was home from college. He wanted to ride, so we hit the track. After one session of fairly hard riding chasing each other around lap after lap (ok, more like him pushing me from behind or waiting for me to catch up), we took a break. Then we spent the rest of the time just sessioning a couple jumps and a couple corners. Me just riding, him doing one-handers, no handers, no footers and trying to do one-handed-no-footers. The only time my hands leave the bars is when they slip off!

It's like park or street riding your bmx bike vs. racing. Once we started riding park, the racing started losing it's appeal. It's so much more fun to hang out and "session" than to race. Just my thing. I haven't ridden much bmx or mountain bikes since I discovered the throttle, but still miss it. In fact I have my BMX bike in the car so I can sneak off to a skate park at lunch.

My point is that I like to race and ride laps, ride hard, whatever. But you can't beat the fun factor of the kind of riding shown in the video. 👍

For those that the link does not work, go directly to youtube and use the search feature...."Hill Climb In La Forest" - title of vid