Sign in to follow this  

07 yz250f

hey ...after a 27 yr lay off in racing the bug has bitten again and its like starting new.The question I have is revalving my suspension on my 07 yz250f.Worth it?...let me know guys I weigh 195 and losing.

I would respring first.

The yamaha is very good stock, for your weight you definately need stiffer springs.

I would assume that your speed is not what it will be if you keep up the riding.

So get some stiffer springs, maybe ask in the suspension forum what people think for which rates to get.

When you get faster, then start thinking about a revalve.

yes the dude I talked to mentioned springs...as far as speed I have had this YZ since May.....and getter better every....just wasnt sure about the whole revavlve thing Motocross has changed so much.....Thanks for the help

The stock stuff is truly really good....better than the other oems from what I have experienced and read.

So start with springs. When you feel comfortable with the bike....and start adjusting the clickers towards what you want, then you will know where you would like the bike to be better.

hey ...after a 27 yr lay off in racing the bug has bitten again and its like starting new.The question I have is revalving my suspension on my 07 yz250f.Worth it?...let me know guys I weigh 195 and losing.

I'm 190 and the stock rear is fine. I don't recall the front rate but i know from testing .45 springs with high oil level works great or .46 with lower oil level is OK.

The rebound on rear needs to be way out, 12-14 clicks, .

What works best for me is 105mm of sag, or more importantly 30mm of fee sag, and slide the forks up and down for turning. the 105mm really helps the braking bumps coming into corners.

The stock valving is better than the modded valving I had on my previous bikes.

They went to a softer fork springs in 07. I would for sure put the .47 springs in the forks. Yes the stock suspension works good I put enzo in my 07 and it is night and day difference. I dont know if the stock rear spring will work with your weight, you might not have enough free sag if you crank up that spring preload. I have done some nasty things on that bike and it saved me everytime, I never went down but my shorts were full I tell you that. Stock suspension I would of been over the bars...

They went to a softer fork springs in 07. I would for sure put the .47 springs in the forks. Yes the stock suspension works good I put enzo in my 07 and it is night and day difference. I dont know if the stock rear spring will work with your weight, you might not have enough free sag if you crank up that spring preload. I have done some nasty things on that bike and it saved me everytime, I never went down but my shorts were full I tell you that. Stock suspension I would of been over the bars...

I disagree with you on the .47's for normal mx. I tested .46's and while they did a good job for most obstacles, keeping the front end down while cornering was a big challenge. You had to be perfectly seated every corner or it would not hold the inside line. .45's worked better and have worked great on my '03 and '05.

Rear spring gave me and my 190#'s 30mm free sag @ 105mm race sag.

Dudes thanks for all the help ! My new suspension works great.....now one more question....I want a little more torque to get over these jumps I seem to case all the time I'm like right on the edge everytime.....What about gearing?