Sign in to follow this  

KX100 questions again

Sorry for so many questions. Looking for a KX100 is driving me crazy. I have looked at a number of KX100 now. Most have been beat to hell. Others don't have pink slips, or a up to date green sticker on them. I'm starting to think screw the 2000-2002 bikes with green stickers. The 2003 and newer all have red stickers and that limits me a little on riding year around. It might not be that big of a issue. I have seen a number of 2003 or newer bikes for sale that look clean from the pictures. I have also seen some RM100's that look clean.

First question, you guys say the KX100 and the RM100 is the same bike. Is everything them same on the two bikes? I know the plastics are a different color, but is that it? Will KX100 plastics fit on a RM100?

When it come to adding a FWW, how hard are they to install?

The bike will have to have a spark arrester. What are you guys running for spark arresters?

Thanks!

OM

your location says that your in california so if you ride desert then just get a newer bike nobody cares if its red sticker i had a ranger come to my camp an it was past the time when red stickers are legal and he didnt care

The KX100 and the RM100 are the exact same bike except for the color. The RM100 is a Kawasaki with yellow plastic.

The RM85 has a different engine because it's a different bike. The KX85/100/RM100 are the same machine, but the RM85 is a Suzuki product, designed and manufactured by Suzuki. It was not a part of the Kawasaki/Suzuki alliance. Suzuki did not need a re-badged KX85 because they already had their own 85.

• Like 1

Sorry for so many questions. Looking for a KX100 is driving me crazy. I have looked at a number of KX100 now. Most have been beat to hell. Others don't have pink slips, or a up to date green sticker on them. I'm starting to think screw the 2000-2002 bikes with green stickers. The 2003 and newer all have red stickers and that limits me a little on riding year around. It might not be that big of a issue. I have seen a number of 2003 or newer bikes for sale that look clean from the pictures. I have also seen some RM100's that look clean.

First question, you guys say the KX100 and the RM100 is the same bike. Is everything them same on the two bikes? I know the plastics are a different color, but is that it? Will KX100 plastics fit on a RM100?

When it come to adding a FWW, how hard are they to install?

The bike will have to have a spark arrester. What are you guys running for spark arresters?

Thanks!

OM

Old-Man

the red sticker green sticker thing is up to you. I got my daughter a kx100 last year to replace her crf100. We pretty much only ride at Cal City so its not problem.

I looked at the rm100 and they are essentially the same. Both the kawasaki and suzuki are more mellow as compared to the wicked yz and cr bikes. If you are technically inclined you could get the 2003 (like I did). I have plans to get a 2002 frame for the green sticker. But it has yet to be a problem. I like the 2003 because it has the newer plastics and graphics. Its a good looking bike.

Beat to hell is not as significant on a 2 stroke as it is on a 4 stroke. The motor may not be the most valuable part of a 2 stroke. They are litterally as simple and cheap to rebuild as lawnmowers. It is inevitable that you will have to rebuild the top end on them anyways. If it runs good and the frame isn't dented too badly, get some new plastics ($100) and call it good. That's what I did.

btw... I really like the kx100 as opposed to the kx85. I upgraded both of my daughters crf's for those bikes. The kx100 is easier to ride because it has a lot more low end. Putting on the flywheel is a piece of cake. You just need a screwdriver and an engine lockup tool which they will sell you at Steahly-offroad.

I got the fmf q spark arrestor for it for about $140.

run the r-304 if your going to be racing if not racing i have no clue, maybe supertrapp still makes exhaust for them 👍

btw also the rm65 and kx65 are the EXACT same bike.

On 8/31/2008 at 9:59 PM, Chickenhauler said:

FMF still makes the Turbine Core II for them http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2007/default.asp?p=38&s=2

FMF also makes the Turbine Core II Q, which is supposed to get them below 93 Db.

I, too, am shopping for a KX100 for my kid to make into a trail bike.....

I am legit so pumped I found this thread.. I have searched for these answers for weeks now! ?

My '02 kx100 has a title, is plated, and already well set up for woods and off-road riding. it's up for sale here in Albuquerque, to make room for a trials bike. If anybody still wants one like that give me a shout.IMG_20180310_165131726.jpg

• Like 1