30 hour mark,2007 yz450....

So I recently turned over the 30 hour mark on the hour meter. Decided to pull off the valve cover and to my surprise I found this...absolutely nothing! Valves still in spec after the first adjustment I made soon after I bought the bike. I am happy and the scoot still feels fresh and fast. My bike is all stock and with the exception of jetting,airfilter,and suspension springs and valving done by a local guy. One of,if not the best bikes I have ever owned! I was seriously thinking about selling this year and upgrading to a new 2009yz but with a relocation and new job just might have to hold off till next year.:thumbsup:

Yamaha's really have the reliability going for them, if you make sure to change your oil and adjust the valves after the break-in, they really just run forever, my '03 YZ450 Got a new engine a little less than 6 hours ago, and after the 5hour break-in period the valves were still in spec and it ran great. :thumbsup: Keep the '07 for a few more years, wait till they unleash the EFI 450?

So I recently turned over the 30 hour mark on the hour meter. Decided to pull off the valve cover and to my surprise I found this...absolutely nothing! Valves still in spec after the first adjustment I made soon after I bought the bike.
I guess you're new to YZ450's? Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Well, this is my first yamaha. I have had a few hiccups along the way but thanks to you and a few others on this board its been a great bike. I always think I want to buy a different color but then I think how good this bike is and how many problems I've had with past scoots and think NO WAY!!

My only gripe is that I wish I had some more bottom end but I know I could remedy this with a pipe or sprocket. Truth is, I should just work on my corner speed or lose another 10lbs!:thumbsup:

Sweet ride thats for sure.

Don't surprise me either.

30 hrs ain't nothing for these 5 valvers.

Well, this is my first yamaha. I have had a few hiccups along the way but thanks to you and a few others on this board its been a great bike. I always think I want to buy a different color but then I think how good this bike is and how many problems I've had with past scoots and think NO WAY!!

My only gripe is that I wish I had some more bottom end but I know I could remedy this with a pipe or sprocket. Truth is, I should just work on my corner speed or lose another 10lbs!:thumbsup:

Sweet ride thats for sure.

You might want to check your muffler packing, I needed a repack about that time and it made a big difference in the low end power..........:worthy:

Don't surprise me either.

30 hrs ain't nothing for these 5 valvers.

Hell, that's barely broken in!!!!!!:thumbsup:

66.8 hours on my 06 and it runs great. I just had the top end rebuilt at 50 hours, it did not really need it then. The piston was not wore any neither was the rings the cam chain and all the valves were in good shape also.

I just replaced good parts with good parts. Iam thinking I will be ok until it reaches 100 hours or maybe to 130 hours before the next top end.

i have over 100 hours on my 06 yz450, all stock except, chain,tires and fork seals.

still feels new, seems like the engine just geting better and better .