2009 CRF450R will have EFI

maybe im alone in wanting EFI, something about hitting a button to here the engine as a perfect glass smooth idle at any temp hits home to me ? Plus no fuel waste out the overflow on crazy steep sections :worthy:

Soon enough, I'm afraid to say. I'm no fan of FI. Don't care for it and don't want it. Besides reliablity issues, tuning is a huge problem for the average Joe like me. A trip to a shop that knows how to do it maybe? Expensive electronic add ons or equipment? No thanks.

maybe im alone in wanting EFI, something about hitting a button to here the engine as a perfect glass smooth idle at any temp hits home to me ? Plus no fuel waste out the overflow on crazy steep sections :worthy:

Your not alone... I'd welcome it, but... I'm not too smart on it.

As well, an in-fuel tank pump... other electronics (sensors...etc)... to make it all work?! Not sure I'm down for more to make it less... if ya know-what-I-mean.

I guess change is good, but not always... and not in every situation.

... leave it on the track bikes, I'll carry some jets if I ride WAAAY out of my normal operating range (of "below sea-level or up to 6000' - with NO issues).

Plus, it's just one more thing I have to learn, to understand! :busted:

I sure hope so, sheesh its 2009 not 1999- way past due in my mind! im tired of rich running bikes at 12-15,000 feet, crappy warmup and stalling on crisp 20F winter rides, geer! A 6th gear would also be nice for those long open sections of um, pavement ?

SO true:cry:

honda uses very quality parts, it would be very buttet proof, look at it this way. How many 1985 and older carburated cars do you see out there running like crap, yup this new oxy fuel eats carbs up in time. Now how many 1988+ efi rigs still run perfectly? lots if taken care of, my dads 1988 chevy was the first EFI chevy small block and it still runs perfectly- only needed one temp sensor and a few clutches threw my college days as i was doing holeshots. ?

I look forward to seeing FI on an X in the future.

1st, I understand it.?

2nd, if they offer a box for tuning it for different situations or if Power Commander builds a box, you can alter the tuning easily.

3rd, it'll bring Honda 1 step closer to building a street legal bike off the floor for you CA people.

The only problem I have with EFI on the X is that Honda had better offer a frickin' warranty on at least the EFI part. Actually, I simply have a problem with all dirt bikes not having a useful warranty. Just because it goes off-road is no reason to not warranty a bike. All they have to do is exempt warranty work from crashes, IMO.

I look forward to seeing FI on an X in the future.

1st, I understand it.?

2nd, if they offer a box for tuning it for different situations or if Power Commander builds a box, you can alter the tuning easily.

3rd, it'll bring Honda 1 step closer to building a street legal bike off the floor for you CA people.

The only problem I have with EFI on the X is that Honda had better offer a frickin' warranty on at least the EFI part.

Actually, I simply have a problem with all dirt bikes not having a useful warranty. Just because it goes off-road is no reason to not warranty a bike. All they have to do is exempt warranty work from crashes, IMO.

Hmmm, you must not get into the pits very often. I regularly see riders hold the throttle wide open with a cold motor, to 'clean it out' before riding. It is ignorance like this that prevents a warranty from being offered on motorcycles designed for rough service.

Hmmm, you must not get into the pits very often. I regularly see riders hold the throttle wide open with a cold motor, to 'clean it out' before riding. It is ignorance like this that prevents a warranty from being offered on motorcycles designed for rough service.

Same thing happens with street bikes. I don't see the difference in treatment in regards to a warranty. After 5 years of racing, I can say I've seen quite a bit. Nothing special happening in the dirt bike pits from what I've seen.

Same thing happens with street bikes. I don't see the difference in treatment in regards to a warranty. After 5 years of racing, I can say I've seen quite a bit. Nothing special happening in the dirt bike pits from what I've seen.

Well, that is true, accept for the DIRT, DUST, ROCKS, CRASHING, and that kind of stuff.