Sign in to follow this  

plastic cleaner!!!!

okay so i ran into a post by stringburner over at smj about a cleaner and polisher for plastics of all sorts and let me tell you if you have not heard of it or havent yet tried it ,do so its amazing, it put the shine back in my bleached plastics just spray and wipe, and them buff it . its called plexus. i'll post some pics when im done detailing my bike today. it smells purdy too!!

I love plexus. Not only is it great for the plastics on my bikes it also does wonders for helmet face sheilds and the windows on my Jeeps soft top. It's sold at all my local bike shops and even at online Jeep parts suppliers.

plexus is the only product approved for use on the air forces B-1 bomber. i convinced our shop to get it, but it doesn't sell well because they have significantly increased the price. i wouldn't waste that expensive product on plastic cycle parts, but i do love it for use on shields and windshields.

Glad you liked the Plexus Logan. I'ts definitely a very good product. I've seen some extravagant prices on it, but the last time I got it at the local Honda dealership, I bought 2 of the big cans for $15 otd. And yes, it works wonders on face shields, and I even had a few fine scratches on my speedo display. Plexus took them right out. :thumbsup:

I did notice it was a lot more costly than I last remembered. I use so little of it that cost isn't a big concern.

as a matter of fact, from memory, i can tell you the dealer cost of one can is 8 dollars and maybe 30 cents. we just got several in yesterday.

I looked everywhere near me for this stuff and no one had it. Then an autoshop said they had it, when I got there they couldn't find it :worthy: but did have what I thought must be the same stuff - VuPlex, which is a Plastic cleaner and polisher...

IT says it's made for aviation and so on, made in Australia http://www.vuplex.com.au/

Then one day went to local BFC (Camping store) and they had heaps of Plexus spray cans at the front counter. I asked about them and they were getting rid of them ad a reduce price. I bought 3 bottles at $5.00 each :thumbsup:

I haven't compared the two as my bike has been at the mechanics for close to a month waiting on RHC Valves...

I was going to buy some today, my local dealer

had it, and the local Cycle Gear had it. I ended

up buying "Original Bike Spirits" which they said

was the same as the Pro Honda stuff. It was about

half the price of the Plexas. It seems to work really

well, and smells quite a bit like Opti-Gloss which is

my all time favorite.

I also bought some "Motorex" Helmet care. It says

it cleans and deodorizes. It did an ok job of cleaning,

but did an EXCELLANT job of deodorizing:thumbsup:

The inside of my helmet smells better then new, and

the good smell is still there, 8 hours later....Good Stuff.

Regards Sonny