Lift kits affect on MPG

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares im lifting my megacab and putting 35's on youre only alive for a short time and dead for a long time have as much fun as you can when you look at it everything is a waste your bikes cars trucks all depreciate when you use them .a few hundred dollars a year extra in fuel is hardly going too kill you

I agree but once it starts moving it will be easier because of the rotational mass. just like with stock tires i roll ## down the hill but with the 35s i got #+. which is why you need upgrade brakes for example because the larger tires roll with more force. Its not when the tire is moving thats the problem its the taking off and getting the tire up to speed that causes problems.

As for angles if the lift is not properly done you will mess with angles but if you lift a rig correctly and done the right way ( sometimes more expensive) all angles should be darn close to stock with drive shaft angles and what not.

The bolded part would hold true except for that pesky gravity....more rotating mass on planet earth takes more energy to maintain it's rotation than a lighter tire and wheel assembly.