SixSixOne helmets?

Were you able to try one on to see how it fits before ordering one?

X2. 661 helmets are smaller than other brands. Of course you would have found that out had you searched through the zillion existing threads on Flight helmets. Aside from that, mine has held up great over the last 2 years.

I think its funny how people say search before asking... I actually did search and I actually did find out that they run small. This has nothing to do with performance though...

And there is not much information other than that one guy saying it saved his life, and yes I even read his story.

That was the point in creating this thread.

i like mine, its light, comes with 2 visors which is nice, lining is easy to remove and clean, helmet stays cool, fits my head well too. only problem i had is i smashed the plastic spoiler on the back. not a big deal, but it does affect the looks a little. the little plastic guard on the chin guard covers your nose well too. no more rocks to the end of my nose.

I think its funny how people say search before asking... I actually did search and I actually did find out that they run small. This has nothing to do with performance though...

And there is not much information other than that one guy saying it saved his life, and yes I even read his story.

That was the point in creating this thread.

Im shopping also for a new helmet and have been learning a little more from some of the threads about safety standards and certifications. Right now Im leaning towards a helmet thats DOT and ECE22.05 or BSI type A rated , which includes some of the euro helmets like suomy, vemar, shark. I know the snell standard has a huge following but some of the tests suggest that the are actually somewhat overbuilt, and thus on average transmit more G forces to the riders head than some of the others like the ECE or BSI. They even tested some cheap DOT only rated helmets that transmitted fewer G forces to the rider than some of the popular top dollar snell rated units. Just something to think about. There are lots of options in the 661's price range, but I also have never heard a bad report about the 661's either, everyone seems to like them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i got the helmet finally. I ordered a medium at first and it was a little small so I sent it back for a large... The large still seems to not fit right? Well on my Fox v3 it seemed like it covered the back of my head more than this helmet does. I dont know if its normal... but I guess it would leave more room for a neck brace idk...

any input?

• 1 month later...
Ok so i got the helmet finally. I ordered a medium at first and it was a little small so I sent it back for a large... The large still seems to not fit right? Well on my Fox v3 it seemed like it covered the back of my head more than this helmet does. I dont know if its normal... but I guess it would leave more room for a neck brace idk...

any input?

It is weird what you are saying about the fit. My head must be shaped weird, because I was never 100% comfortable in a helmet until I tried on the 661.

X2. 661 helmets are smaller than other brands. Of course you would have found that out had you searched through the zillion existing threads on Flight helmets. Aside from that, mine has held up great over the last 2 years.

+1, i had a 661 helmet, it got to small, then i ordered a helmet one size up, and it was way to big. I ended up getting a helmet the same size as the old 661 and it fit fine :bonk: hope that sort of made since

two1nine was wearing a sixsixone helmet when he crashed and messed up his back (i'm not sure what he did...) and that helmet and his leatt dare i say saved his life. i'm sure he'll see this thread and tell you great things. of course he got a new helmet.

haha it's one2nine haha

Yah I can't say enough about my sixsixone. Great helmet, did it's job. No doubt about that. I'm glad it absorbed the force and not my head. From the pics, you can obviously see the major cracks, but a camera phone can only pic up so much. Up close you can starring of the paint and fiberglass throughout the helmet. On the inside a larg portion of the foam is compressed or broken. The helmet worked as it was designed to do. You're better off having a helmet that with compress and absorb the force, rather than have a rigid helmet that will stay completely intact and absorb some force.

I did however sustain a fracture to my T9 and L1 vertebrae and compression fractured T9 through L1. Regardless I made a full recovery with zero complications (as of now).

0529081951.jpg

0529081950.jpg

My new spys...

0529082008.jpg

any input?

I'm on my third 661 and I love them. I had a Fox helmet before the 661 and the only thing I didn't like about it was that it covered too much of the back of my head. If I was standing up on the bike leaning forward/looking "up" it would puch my goggles down on my nose.

As far as fit goes, the problem with buying a helmet online without trying it on is that you never know how it will fit. The sizing/shape can be different from brand to brand.