DR. D Exhaust System and Mod Box for 08

I touched on this in another post, but has anyone tried the DR. D Exhaust System and Mod Box for the 08? While I'm fairly happy with the performance of the motor, the top-end and overrev leaves a lot to be desired. I don't wanna put just an exhaust system on the bike w/o changing the mapping, as I think if you do this you won't get the full potential out of an exhaust system. I know Transworldmx gave the Mod Box rave reviews earlier this year, and with it being a "bolt-on" item that alters your mapping, it might be the easiest and best way to go coupled with the DR. D exhaust.

What do you guys think? I came off an 05 CRF 450R, and it definitely ran better up on top than this bike. Jumps that I could clear 3rd gear on the Honda, the RMZ can't, I have to click 4th or else if I kept it in 3rd it'd fall right on it's face. Seems there's a lot more potential to this motor, but the stock exhaust is holding it back and muffling it down too much.

IM in same place as you but I dont feel its that much off on top.. room to grow with mod's for sure but i havent had a problem clearing anything in 3rd...

I ride for two bros for street and there pipes are awesome as well the have the juice box which looks a lot like the "mod box" and i think the juice is a lot more tunable but Im waiting to hear from them before I do anything...

2cents

IM in same place as you but I dont feel its that much off on top.. room to grow with mod's for sure but i havent had a problem clearing anything in 3rd...

I ride for two bros for street and there pipes are awesome as well the have the juice box which looks a lot like the "mod box" and i think the juice is a lot more tunable but Im waiting to hear from them before I do anything...

2cents

I'll admit, I'm ignorant to the whole FI thing, and have little to no knowledge at all about tuning it. With that said, this is why something such as the Dr. D Mod Box appeals to me. It has 6 different settings and it seems with one of these settings you could capture almost all of the potential of whatever exhaust system you choose. I could care less about the extra couple % in performance gains I might obtain if I'd manually tune it or program it myself.

Let me know what you find out about the Juice Box. Thanks. :excuseme:

I'll admit, I'm ignorant to the whole FI thing, and have little to no knowledge at all about tuning it. With that said, this is why something such as the Dr. D Mod Box appeals to me. It has 6 different settings and it seems with one of these settings you could capture almost all of the potential of whatever exhaust system you choose. I could care less about the extra couple % in performance gains I might obtain if I'd manually tune it or program it myself.

Let me know what you find out about the Juice Box. Thanks. :excuseme:

I am sponsored by DR.D and I have my riders support rep getting me this exact information. I do know that DR.D himself is the one doing all the testing so I think it will be a solid product. I will post the info as soon as I get it.

I am sponsored by DR.D and I have my riders support rep getting me this exact information. I do know that DR.D himself is the one doing all the testing so I think it will be a solid product. I will post the info as soon as I get it.

Sounds good! Keep us posted. :excuseme: