Sign in to follow this  

'08 250sxf & Oil Choice?

I've been running the Motorex 10-50 per the KTM manual. Well I'm sick of the 50 mile round trip when I run out so here is my question.

Will Silkolene Comp 4 SX 4T (JASO MA) 10-40 have any adverse affects on my engine and or trans.? Anybody use this stuff?

There is a shop right around the corner from my casa and the price is almost half of what I've been paying for the Motorex.

I was told that 10-40 is thinner than 10-50, but it (40) feels thicker?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Not looking to start an oil war.

There are really only 3 kinds of oil petroleum oil, mixed oil and synthetic oil.

you buy oil to throw it away. As long as you change it I'll bet the engine will never read the bottle.

Appreciate the reply and I know what you're saying. I used Rotella for my other 4t and changed frequently with good results.

I'm just being anal b/c this is my first new 250f and want to make sure it lasts as long as possible before having to sink serious $ into it. I didn't worry about my 450 or 250 2t near as much for obvious reasons.

Was just curious b/c manual states JASO T903 MA standard. I didn't know if T903 was some sort of magical additive that had to be run or some such?

I'll try not to worry about my baby too much. I love her so.

I run rotella in both my 07 and 08 250sxf. Never had a problem with it. I change it every two rides. 10 dollars a gallon is much better that 15 dollars a quart.

I just run Rotella T synthetic in my 505. I rev the nuts out of my motor every time I ride it. I understand your worry. The way I figure it, with as much as I change the oil in my bike (every 5 hours max) I am not going to pay for the Motorex. If I can get a smoking deal on it, then I will reconsider, but when I can just go down to Wal-Mart and pick up a gallon jug of Rotella T for under $15 I have a hard time paying that much for a liter of Motorex. I have yet to see the oil look dirty when dumping it out anyway.

• Like 1

I rev the nuts out of my motor every time I ride it. I understand your worry.

That's some funny sheet right there, but exactly my concern. I rev the unholy crap out of this bike compared to my 450 which probably never saw the high side of 10k rpm on the track.

Thanks for the responses, they set my mind at ease.

Can't wait for tomorrow morning...............:excuseme:

We're in that window of weather in north Texas when you are actually happy to live here. No more 98 degrees @ 10AM with 40% humidity until next July.

Now when this is all settled - Go to KTMTalk and ask the very same question there...If you dare:eek:

Now when this is all settled - Go to KTMTalk and ask the very same question there...If you dare:eek:

They won't let me on b/c I only have yahoo mail.

Was hoping you would chime in VilleKTM. What are your thoughts on Silkolene Comp 4 SX 4T (JASO MA) 10-40?

Don't worry. I rev the crap out of my bike to. Rotella is just fine. Don't worry.

They won't let me on b/c I only have yahoo mail.

Was hoping you would chime in VilleKTM. What are your thoughts on Silkolene Comp 4 SX 4T (JASO MA) 10-40?

I think it´s a good oil for your bike. If my memory serves me correctly it´s also an Ester Synthetic = very strong oil film.

I'd rather not have my computer screen throwing lightning bolts at me from those responses, thank you very much.:excuseme:

I'll browse through KTMTalk, but man some of those guys are just a little too uptight about some things. Especially on the oil front!!!