Sign in to follow this  

Smallest piece of Carbon Fiber on the Z...Pic`s

Went crazy today. With the 5 mm. cyllinder spacer now in place...and CF covered clarke tank...I couldn`t even move the choke.....So I made this.

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

Hacked of the knob....and bend the shaft a little...made a carrier from steel, to hold the curvature. Layed the CF...Took 1 hr. Wife said I need help...:excuseme: ....Workes great now.:excuseme:🤣

Erling

Erling,

You have nothing but my respect. In my opinion, you ARE the carbon fiber god! :excuseme:

I think complete carbon bikes looks amazingly cool!!!! If I sent you a complete set of body work for a YZF-750R...nevermind, I have to be able to buy groceries for the next 3 years, lol.

Ryan

Erling,

You have nothing but my respect. In my opinion, you ARE the carbon fiber god!🤣

I think complete carbon bikes looks amazingly cool!!!! If I sent you a complete set of body work for a YZF-750R...nevermind, I have to be able to buy groceries for the next 3 years, lol.

Ryan

:excuseme::banana::busted: Thanks Ryan. Looked like you guy`s had fun on palomar the other day:thumbsup: :excuseme:

Erling

Nevermind the wife, Erling, it looks great! They just don't understand anyway.....

On the positive side...she says that when she can`t find me...she all ways looks in the garage...That`s where i`l be.🤣 Nahhh... she`s great. She is concerned though about me one day starting to produce these things commercially.:excuseme:

Erling

man I need to just drop $500 into tools and saplies to lurn how to do this CF faberkation

$250-300 will do your whole bike...in materials that is. Then there is the 100-150 hrs of labor....:excuseme:🤣 But the rewards are nice. I`l help you along.

Erling

Great job as usual:thumbsup: , modding is almost as fun as riding the DRZ for me. If I had your "Burned" bike :excuseme:🤣

Tony

Your wife is right, you do need help..... to make more!

Good going! A 'Custom' choke button like that would be a great thing for all FCR owners to have. PM me for my addy to send one for testing.....

Lol, that's pretty cool! You should make a carbon key for the bike.

🤣:excuseme::banana: ...Or maby a valve stem....:excuseme:

Erling

Your wife is right, you do need help..... to make more!

Good going! A 'Custom' choke button like that would be a great thing for all FCR owners to have. PM me for my addy to send one for testing.....

Thanks William.

It is easier to get to, because of the " spoon type" hanger.

Erling