Sign in to follow this  

More Mods on the DR

I saw these on another thread and went ahead and emailed the builder and he has a package deal for the front and rear peg lowering brackets.

They are built very well and really make a difference in the comfort factor.

You can put your feet back and rest them on the rear for a different feel when on longer trips. I like putting my left foot back and leave the right on the front. The fronts are built so the lower bracket of the foot peg itself when impacted by rocks will take the hit and absorb the shock before the lowering bracket. Metalwrkr@gmail.com is where you can contact Myron and talk to him about the brackets. What a great guy. Very thorough instructions were e-mailed. He was so concerned that they arrived on time and really followed up on how they work and my feedback about them. They cost $115.00 (USA/Alaska) using PayPal and were shipped USPS Priority Mail.

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

020-2.jpg

024-2.jpg

The next thing I did was raise up the handle bars using advdesigns.com Rox adjustible bar riser. I can now stand up and ride along very comfortably.

008-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

Finally my Renazco seat came in. It has the black suede top with the grey grip vinyl sides. All these mods came in slowly over a period of time as the extra $$$ came in. Sometimes it pays to have several jobs.

The seat is sooo comfortable. I've been riding every day and just when I thought I broke in the stock seat it nailed me again and I'd get to shifting around to get relief. Thanks to Chris at Renazco. He and Myron are 1st rate guys.

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

012.jpg

014-1.jpg

016.jpg

What windscreen is that and are you happy with it. Fall is here and I think I could use a little extra protection.

Nick

Did you bedliner your skidplate? Nice.

Yep, I used Trucks Plus (Redding/Chico, CA) They use the Reflex Truck Bed Lining.

I was wondering what picture you saw that in. Good eye.

What windscreen is that and are you happy with it. Fall is here and I think I could use a little extra protection.

Nick

It's the Turbo City windscreen. I have been happy with it so far. It's pretty warm up here most of the year. For colder weather I'm not sure how much protection it will give. It does break most of the air on the chest while still allowing air flow around and under it. I think I'm going to modify it some in order to be able to adjust it up and down as well as the tilt angle.

I really like the way it comes off of the brackets. Use a coin and it's off in a minute.

lookin' good!

very informative post, thanks!

You're very welcome. I'm kinda getting into the posts and pics part of the forum. For a while I was just reading and gleaning info, so I thought I would try and get involved.

There's a ton of knowledge in this place.