What does JD Blue .......refer to, WR450 Jetting question

I recently picked up a new 06 WR450 and have been doing tons of research and have a lot of the "free" mods already done. This weekend I'm re jetting and AIS kit install...... what my question is.

What does the below JD Blue #5 refer to?

I order main jets, pilot jets, and a few leak jets but what is the JD-----?

Thanks in advance and this forum has a lot of good information.

FYI- pipe mod, grey wire, air box mods are already done and have made some inprovement. Looking forward to jetting and throttle stop removal. I hope this wakens this thing up a lot :excuseme: because I have a 4 day weekend to ride.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/int_thumpertalk_aissrk.htm

re-jet the bike using INDY450's jetting chart:

Elevation 0 to 4,000. feet

30 to 45 degrees: 172 main, JD Blue #5, 48 Pilot, 2.0 turns, 75 starter jet, #0 leak jet

and refer to my tutorial when jetting:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309069

Hi, the JD jet kit has two needles in it. Both have a different taper for that in short may be explained one for winter and one for summer and one for low altitude vs. high altitude. Cant remember which goes to which though. They are definately different though as having tried them both. Have fun and stay safe. Jason

I recently picked up a new 06 WR450 and have been doing tons of research and have a lot of the "free" mods already done. This weekend I'm re jetting and AIS kit install...... what my question is.

What does the below JD Blue #5 refer to?

I order main jets, pilot jets, and a few leak jets but what is the JD-----?

Thanks in advance and this forum has a lot of good information.

FYI- pipe mod, grey wire, air box mods are already done and have made some inprovement. Looking forward to jetting and throttle stop removal. I hope this wakens this thing up a lot :lame: because I have a 4 day weekend to ride.

I refers to the clip position when counting from the top.

THANKS for the info. The GYTR AIS kit came with an adjustable needle in it and I ended up guessing at where I should put it in realationship to the stock non adjustable.......... I think I was wrong.

This is the problem now---- when i grab a handful of fun on the throttle, there is no fun and it just dies. Falls flat on its face and if I hold the throttle at all it will stall.

Factory // // What I did

45 // Pilot // 48

165 // Main // 168

50 // Leak Jet // 40

65 // Starter // 72

Adjustable fuel screw is 2 turns out

Adjustable needle is set so it is one knotch lower in the carb-- I think this is wrong and will be changing it today.

Grey wire snipped

Exhaust modded

Air box modded

Ais Removed

Any ideas other than I screwed up somewhere?

AIS needle is probably bent and jetting is rich. Put stock jets and needle back in. They will also be rich unless you get a pipe.

Every thing I've read from a lot of folks on here have done these mods with sucess with out having the need for a full pipe replacement. I did remove the stock silencer tip that restricts it down a ridiculas amount.

As for the Jets I know for a fact it was already running lean before opening up the intake / exhaust so by doing those it would make it even leaner.

Your correct--it wouldn't need much of a tweak for the needle to be bent and considering the (no packaging) that might be it.

I'll be pulling the AIS needle out in just a few.....was going to change the depth but I may just put the stock one in it to see what happens.

• 1 month later...

I just installed new jets last night and did the o-ring mod!

2007 WR450. 4000-6000f, 75-95 Ferenheid

Main jet 165

Pilot jet 45

Leak jet 40

Fuel screw 1.5

Just make sure that the AP screw is set at what the manuel (2007) shows mine is on page 4-19!