Sign in to follow this  

What kind of helmet you wearing??

HJC AC-X2 injector for offroad duty in black

HJC-AC-X2Injector.jpg

You can't beat HJC prices especially if you replace them once a year, or once every other year.:lol::lame:

I've contemplated trying Thor's line since I get them at cost.:bonk:

How about this metal flake maama jaama!! :lame:

HPIM3938-1.jpg

Cool helmet!:bonk:

I've got one similar to that in a "limited production" HJC, new in box.:lol:

HJC CL-15 Orbit in yellow I found a great deal on it online so I had to get it. It breathes well dot and snell approved removable washable padding it fits great. I love it. I just wish the yellow matched my drz or my high visibility Olympia jacket better.

Did you look here: Helmet City

Arai XD-3 with graphics, 5 to choose from. :lame: Better have a fat wallet, though!

600 bucks is alot of money. Maybe I should be happy with my plain silver DS at 350 bucks. Can always throw some decals on it.

For warm days and off road I us a Standard HJC motocross helmet, cl-5 I think.

mc5.jpg

I bought this g-max 37x as it has both a shield and visor option, I use it mainly with the shield as I also have the hjc, and the gmax is a warmer helmet, but you could use it as a all around helmet.

Only pic.s I could find, mines a blue and white one

cf_1.JPG

e0_1.JPG

+1 on the Hornet - got mine in Chrystaline white and love it. Very visible, Great venting, the beak on it isn't to bad at high speeds for me, though i don't go much faster than 70. Pads are interchangeable and washable...Overall great look and well worth the dime

As I said in a previous post, I wear a matte black XD-3. This may be slightly off topic, but where can you find aftermarket helmet graphics cut for specific models?

Recently, I purchased a Shoei Hornet ds in matte black. It fit my head better than the Arai XD. The reviews also said that the Hornet is less noisy at speed than the XD. IMO it is the ideal helmet to wear commuting or DSing. They can be had for $350 if you look. Only complaint is that the replacement shields are $80+. Prior to this I used 2 helmets, full face for winter commuting and a MX helmet for everything else.

ARAI XD. I keep hearing issues of whistling but mine has never had that problem. Its even fine on the highway with the beak ontop. NO issues what so ever. Even got yellow to match the DRZ :>