Hunter Mt. NY Oct.5/Oktoberfest,trials,etc.

Yea, everything on the hunter mountain sight is pretty vague. And my issue with number plates is the NETA site confuses the heck out of me as to whether i need one in advance, or if they're gonna simply give me one there. Also, this is 3D, not NETA, so who knows what they need. Their site says the current NATC rules, but they're no less confusing then NETA. IDK, i have some white aluminum i'm gonna bend to shape sometime this week and gonna bring a sharpie with me. If i need something, that's waht's the sharpie si for.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where you get the numbers from? just the hardware store? I don't want to put on anything perminate just yet. I got a stencil for my last name and novice, but idk if i'm gonna use that yet. As of now, expect a 76-B on the number plate, most likely in electrical tape, for this weekend.

Btw, Frutta, what's ur real name?

No one know's his real name.... He insists I call him "Fruta". Whatever that means.

I just get the letters from staples. They're not at all permanant. It's just electrical tape cut into letters and numbers. Not at all sticky to the touch, but it sticks to anything smooth. I haven't had any problems with it coming off either.

Just use the electrical tape. It goes against everything the typical anal trials rider stands for. Kind of sticking it to the "man" :lame:

Frutta comes from my main mountian bike sponsor, Fiordifrutta Organic Jams. I think that was the only part people were able to say correctly.

Just use the electrical tape. It goes against everything the typical anal trials rider stands for. Kind of sticking it to the "man" :lame:

Frutta comes from my main mountian bike sponsor, Fiordifrutta Organic Jams. I think that was the only part people were able to say correctly.

but we call u frutta because? kind of a weird nickname.

Oh, Frutta, I just remembered: Can you bring a bicycle chain breaker to this event? Figured you must have one laying around....

I was riding the trials bicycle, and the chain just snapped mid hop. I'm lucky It was just on my lawn. You see the chains break at the worst times, like up at the top of a 15 foot drop! :lame:

I have a brand new chain, but it's way too long.

I am one of the founding members of the 3D Trials club.We do not require any kind of number plates.Normaly we do not run under the AMA except for two events for insurance purposes only.This is a AMA event can be purchased at the site.I do not know who is doing the demo on saturday,as my sun is one of are better experts and he will not be there until sunday am.Unfortuately I cannot ride because of a work related injury,am very diapointed.We welcome any and all riders.We are a bunch guys just out having a good time.So come on out and make this a good turnout and hopefully we can make it a yearly thing.See you walking in the woods.JR

Can't promise you'll get any good ones of this TT'er. i never take a good picture.... and i know i make funny faces when i ride. and i doupt there's gonna be much action in the novice class.

And kiwi, just a heads up, make sure FESTER doesn't get wind of you posting in here. He tends to be mean to everyone, and he's worse if you don't have a trials bike.

Can't promise you'll get any good ones of this TT'er. i never take a good picture.... and i know i make funny faces when i ride. and i doupt there's gonna be much action in the novice class.

And kiwi, just a heads up, make sure FESTER doesn't get wind of you posting in here. He tends to be mean to everyone, and he's worse if you don't have a trials bike.

FESTER MEAN? No way- he's afairly sensitive guy that just happens to communicate in a style of his own! Ive never seen him go after anyone for expressing genuine interest in Trials- welcome KIWI!