2009 CRF450 vs KX450

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 6 ft, 210 lb (with gear), 40+Vet rider (track only)... have always ridden red. But I've been considering selling the 06 CRF for a new KX450. Have heard the KX is taller/bigger dude friendly.

Thoughts??

I would say for me it would all come down to finding a good dealer and picking your favorite color. Size wasn't a factor, I'm 5'9" 170, but I went with the honda because the dealer has an awesome race support program. I passed up a lot of kawasaki contingency money to ride a honda but I think the dealer support and race program off set that. And honestly, you can't beat the quality of a honda IMO. Good luck!

I don't think you will have an issue at 6' on either bike. I'm 6'3" and came off an 07 KX450 that felt great w/ just a tall seat (and stiff springs I'm 225lbs).

I was worried about the Honda but there is something about the 09 I feel fine on it.

I guess my point is I wouldn't let the bikes or your size influence your decision. Get the one you want after doing your research. :lame:

I have the new KX450F and I rode the new CRF450 just the other day, and I will tell you that I hated the CRF. My buddy that bleeds red didn't even like the new CRF450 and he is thinking about going to a Yamaha now. The CRF is hard to start, it is slow to get up on the power out of a corner, and the thing was nervous in the corners. Take a close look at the front fender also, it is the ugliest thing ever. KTM makes better looking front fenders. I have no doubts that it can be a good bike, but I was hoping for more from Honda. I can't believe that I was considering getting a CRF when I bought the KX450F.

I have the new KX450F and I rode the new CRF450 just the other day, and I will tell you that I hated the CRF. My buddy that bleeds red didn't even like the new CRF450 and he is thinking about going to a Yamaha now. The CRF is hard to start, it is slow to get up on the power out of a corner, and the thing was nervous in the corners. Take a close look at the front fender also, it is the ugliest thing ever. KTM makes better looking front fenders. I have no doubts that it can be a good bike, but I was hoping for more from Honda. I can't believe that I was considering getting a CRF when I bought the KX450F.
WEll u almost made the right choice, u must like em heavy!