Factory Connection Suspension Springs/Valving?

Has anyone had Factory Connection do their springs and valving on their X? I need my suspension done, but FC quoted me roughly $750-800 for the work I wanted done. Now I'm considering ordering FC springs and just doing that myself this winter, then maybe have them do the valving next winter.

Does anyone have any thoughts or comments on FC springs and service?

Thanks!

Sounds about right when springs are $100 each.

I had great luck with FC. What springs do you need?

I didn't get the specs on what they were going to do, I just wanted a rough estimate on cost.

I had FC do my suspension with a revalve & springs and couldn't be happier. I have continued to send them the suspension for servicing as I have tweaked the valving each time, they don't charge to revalve as long as they did it the first time. One other bonus FC told me if I sell the bike the new owner can send the suspension to them to revalve at no cost other then oils etc. oh yea the price is about what I paid.

1st thing is to get the correct springs on it for your weight and sag. Then go out and do some testing and get the the clickers set to their best position and make some observations about how the susp works. Then maybe, if your clicked to one extreme end of the adjustment re -shim the valving and/or switch fluid weight to get you back in the middle of the clicker range. Test again. I wouldn't send my susp off to anyone unless you can at least tell them what your after as a result of your own testing and observation. Otherwise it's a hit and miss game.

• Like 1

1st thing is to get the correct springs on it for your weight and sag. Then go out and do some testing and get the the clickers set to their best position and make some observations about how the susp works. Then maybe, if your clicked to one extreme end of the adjustment re -shim the valving and/or switch fluid weight to get you back in the middle of the clicker range. Test again. I wouldn't seen my susp off to anyone unless you can at least tell them what your after as a result of your own testing and observation. Otherwise it's a hit and miss game.

That's a really good point. I'll do what I can first to better understand the problem, then have pro work done when I can better explain what I need. Thanks!