How about a 54whp WR250X?

is that the ihi turbos, how much boost are you running and what octane gas is needed. non intercooled and the high c/r of the wr probably meens around 5 psi. are you injecting water or meth.

Turbo on the bike is an IHI RHB3 regulated to 8.5psi. 93octane is all that is needed. No injection of any sort.

Since you were already using an aftermarket pipe, how much do you feel the turbo quieted down the sound of the exhaust?

It defiantely quieted it down but compared to stock it is still loud. Not loud enough though,that you can't enjoy the sweet sound of the compressor wheel making HP ( make whistlely turbo noise here).:lame:

What are you doing to keep the charge temps down? As it sits, runtime for any length of time is going to lead to a very hot intake charge, and that's only going to lead to detonation.

I understand you concern, and originally I had those same concerns, but after 800 plus miles and several outings of thrashing the bike for 20-30min sessions of very hard riding the charge pipe is never really anything more very warm - mind you this is in 90+deg heat.

I attribute this to a few things:

(1) Boost is low. There is honestly not a huge advantage in intercooling when boost is under 10 or so psi. Charge temps just never get that high with a properly sized turbo. I'm not saying there is not an advantage to intercooling below 10psi, but given the additional weight and complexity - read more cost , I wanted to try it this way first. So far it has worked beautifully.

(2) The turbo is sized correctly and doesn't have to spin it's guts out to give me the boost I'm asking for. On the dyno, with very limited airflow as compared to real world conditions, charge temps only gain 8 deg during a 4th gear 2.8K-11.6K pull. I know a single pull doesn't last long, but charge temps were checked after 5 consecutive runs with no cool down in between them. The dyno room was 85 deg and on the 5th pull, charge temps started at 106deg F and rose to 114deg F. I've atached a graph comparing 4 runs with only enough time in between them to slow the rollers down. You'll see power is very consistent.

(3) Lastly, the whole turbo system is out in the air and constantly having fresh air blown over it. Maybe not as effiecient as a small intercooler, but this constant stream of air goes along way helping to stabilize charge temps.

Back-to-back-runs-WR250X-Tu.jpg

Agreed, this looks awesome, I`d love to get my hands on one of these things :lame:

Sucks that my riding season is coming to an end here in Edmonton, it`d be torture to sit through winter waiting to ride with that little guy installed on the bike, hehe.

NICE JOB>>>>>>>>>>>

Do I get the super secret squirell special, since I helped, a little.....:lame:

I know I have an WRR but what the hell, I still ride on the road......

as long as it wont slow me down,

would I be able to pad or guard the top pipe or does it get too hot for that ?

i'm very interested. price please. i hope it can sell for under $1500

Price is most likely gonna be around 2K for a full kit that also includes all the electronics and a base map to get you up and riding in approximately 3hrs. There will be a "Tuner kit" for those who already own a PCIII. It will be about 260 dollars less.

NICE JOB>>>>>>>>>>>

Do I get the super secret squirell special, since I helped, a little.....:lame:

I know I have an WRR but what the hell, I still ride on the road......

as long as it wont slow me down,

would I be able to pad or guard the top pipe or does it get too hot for that ?

Of course! You could do whatever you'd like with the charge pipe once you buy one;). It does warm up a bit, but not enough to melt anything. One thing to consider though, by padding the charge pipe you are in effect insulating it which would cancel any benefit of cool air flowing over the pipe during a ride.

Price is most likely gonna be around 2K for a full kit that also includes all the electronics and a base map to get you up and riding in approximately 3hrs. There will be a "Tuner kit" for those who already own a PCIII. It will be about 260 dollars less.

Sooooo in.