I just rewound my stator and turned out fine but, I didn't get the full 200+ watts I expected. I followed the direction I found on a web site for XR650 stator rewinding and was very good. They called for 18 gauge wire and I managed to get about 55 winds per coil. When I went to splice the existing lighting coils and I found they were 20 gauge wire. So I removed all the stock wireing and counted 75 turns each. By the time I was done winding all the posts with 18 gauge wire I had 550 turns instead of the stock 300 turns. This works out to be almost 2 times the stock out put at about ~150w +/-. If I were to do it again I would go with 20 gauge wire @ 75 turns each and have two out puts like Baja Designs. The lighting coil is working fine with a 85 watt Piaa and is bright at idle but it didn't work out like I'd hoped. I have to admit it only cost me $10 and took about an hour so I'm not complaining. I would like to run the Tecate set up that BD sells when I can come up with an extra $450.