Someone to show me around Boise Single Track

Hey Guys.... Just moved to Nampa and am looking to go for a ride this weekend.. If there is anyone out there looking for a riding partner for this sat or sun please let me know. I love to ride any where but would prefer to check out some single track..... I can go anytime through out the weekend... Even if you can't make it please try and give me few ideas with 30 mins of nampa..... Thanks in advance TT'ers Mike

Hey Guys.... Just moved to Nampa and am looking to go for a ride this weekend.. If there is anyone out there looking for a riding partner for this sat or sun please let me know. I love to ride any where but would prefer to check out some single track..... I can go anytime through out the weekend... Even if you can't make it please try and give me few ideas with 30 mins of nampa..... Thanks in advance TT'ers Mike

I dunno how the mountains will be this weekend... they are calling for snow the next few days/nights. The 'tight single track' season might be over.

Blacks Creek (Danskin) will probably still be ok for a while, it is pretty low elevation. Normally doesn't close until 1 January but that can vary depending on conditions. http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/boise/recreation/trails/Danskin_OHV.shtml

The desert is pretty much always open if its above freezing (crashing on frozen ground sucks). Hemmingway Butte is very popular as is Rabbit Creek http://www.blm.gov/id/st/en/fo/owyhee/ohv.html

Whats your skill level? I see Arizona, do you do desert racing? If so the last one of the season is set for 2 Nov.. SIDRA is the local group of clubs that puts on the races: www.sidraracing.org This last one is a little more tame than some of the others (I think)

We have a small group that was planning to get out this weekend..........still just a plan, I still have not heard anything concrete..... talk was a Silver City run, but weather might change that to possibly a day out at Blacks Crk???

Anybody know what date the hotel is going to close this year? I am thinking of taking the wife up to Silver City on Monday since we both have it off, dunno if they will be open though as it is a holiday. Hopefully any snow will have melted by then.

Anybody know what date the hotel is going to close this year? I am thinking of taking the wife up to Silver City on Monday since we both have it off, dunno if they will be open though as it is a holiday. Hopefully any snow will have melted by then.

It was snowing out at black's creek when we left yesterday afternoon, so even backs might be a little sketchy this weekend.

Be careful out there(or anywhere else there's other riders), yesterday I had a head on collision with another rider on some singletrack surrounded by high sage brush. I'm definitely sore this morning but no major injuries to myself or the other rider involved, it could have been much worse. Going too fast for the conditions and not paying attention.:D:worthy::ride:

It was snowing out at black's creek when we left yesterday afternoon, so even backs might be a little sketchy this weekend.

Be careful out there(or anywhere else there's other riders), yesterday I had a head on collision with another rider on some singletrack surrounded by high sage brush. I'm definitely sore this morning but no major injuries to myself or the other rider involved, it could have been much worse. Going too fast for the conditions and not paying attention.:D:worthy::ride:

Damn, Glad you're ok....bike damage? I hate hearing stories like this.:ride: Even our ride last weekend up Hungarian, etc....when out front I was really cautious when I could not see around a corner.... Lots of riders were out enjoyiong the terrafirma! I think we ran across more riders on the trail that day than I have combined the whole season.

Supposed to start warming a bit after today so hopefully by Monday it will be OK.

Yikes! Not something you'd expect on a weekday... but that could contribute as well since you are expecting no one to be around the corner.

Damn, Glad you're ok....bike damage? I hate hearing stories like this.:ride: Even our ride last weekend up Hungarian, etc....when out front I was really cautious when I could not see around a corner.... Lots of riders were out enjoyiong the terrafirma! I think we ran across more riders on the trail that day than I have combined the whole season.

Thanks. Amazingly enough, the only damage to either of our bikes was his front tire tracks on my front fender. Our tires hit dead-on center, and his tire climbed right up my fender almost to the headlight before deflecting off and our bodies pretty much took the brunt of the hit I guess. I would guess we were both traveling at around 15-20 mph.

All the mountain singletrack I've rode this year I never saw another soul on a bike and never had a crash. Soon as I ride somewhere with another rider on the trails I frickin run into him.:D:worthy:

Check this group out. I'm not going this weekend but I have always had a good experience with these rides. Everyone is very friendly and happy to have new people come along.

http://motorcycle.meetup.com/100/calendar/8871809/

Sam

Oh yeah, I forgot about this group. I can never participate because of the weekend work schedule, but seems like they always have some sort of ride planned for the weekends.

Thanks. Amazingly enough, the only damage to either of our bikes was his front tire tracks on my front fender. Our tires hit dead-on center, and his tire climbed right up my fender almost to the headlight before deflecting off and our bodies pretty much took the brunt of the hit I guess. I would guess we were both traveling at around 15-20 mph.

All the mountain singletrack I've rode this year I never saw another soul on a bike and never had a crash. Soon as I ride somewhere with another rider on the trails I frickin run into him.:D:worthy:

That's a good hit!.........better go buy a lottery ticket!